Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

Another one has just ocurred to me over the weekend.

Maps! You cannot beat a decent Ordnance Survey map whether it be a 25 thou or a 50 thou. I still when looking at fire brigade maps have to lament the lack of symbols. They look like someone's just chucked a used tampon all over a piece of laminated paper.

Having said that the CFA members online maps are fantastic and do the job.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:43 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it when I read about things on this site that I had completely forgotten about, now I want Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps .

I already have a friend in England at the moment who is going to get me some angle delight

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Oh i forgot to add that OZ doesn't have Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps
Why o Why????
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Rain, Corrie and decent stuffing
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:43 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Maps! You cannot beat a decent Ordnance Survey map whether it be a 25 thou or a 50 thou. I still when looking at fire brigade maps have to lament the lack of symbols. They look like someone's just chucked a used tampon all over a piece of laminated paper.

That has to be by far the most intelligent posting on this thread! Never mind crisps and mayonnaise, but maps!

Excellent.

S
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denise6372
Oh, Shreddies, Weetabix, decent mayonnaise, salad cream and marmite, decent washing powder and not forgetting gallons of rain!!!
Coles and BiLo and others owned by the same grotty conglomerate sell mayonnaise (ugh) and Heinz Salad Cream (hooray)
Old Feb 21st 2007, 12:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Yes YES YEEES!!!

Of course, part of the problem is the scale of the place - it's just not possible to have a map with much detail which still covers say a day's drive. Then the only rcourse is the ubiquitous Gregory's - where you drive across a page while you're trying to find yourself!

The best map I have is a free one from AAMI - covers the greater Sydney area and actually lets you plan a whole route.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Yes YES YEEES!!!

Of course, part of the problem is the scale of the place - it's just not possible to have a map with much detail which still covers say a day's drive. Then the only rcourse is the ubiquitous Gregory's - where you drive across a page while you're trying to find yourself!
Indeed - of course the relative size of the UK and the will has probably made it produce some of the best maps in the World.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Coles and BiLo and others owned by the same grotty conglomerate sell mayonnaise (ugh) and Heinz Salad Cream (hooray)
But Coles sell Hellmanns - well they do here.

Are Weetbix not the same as Weetabix - I can't stand the stuff whatever it's called by one daughter says it's identical.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 3:10 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Tony Blair.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Are Weetbix not the same as Weetabix - I can't stand the stuff whatever it's called by one daughter says it's identical.
They definitely aren't the same. I think Weetabix tastes nicer. I had some when I went back for a visit last time and also Ready Brek! My mother actually bought it for my 4 year old daughter but I was so filled with nostalgia that I couldn't help myself.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:52 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Tony Blair.
I'd prefer him over Howard.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:54 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

They both taste the same to me too. I always thought the name weetabix sounded kinda dickey though. I prefer weetbix.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

No, no, no. bigger flakes, different shaped and smaller. Tastes different too.

xx
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denise6372
No, no, no. bigger flakes, different shaped and smaller. Tastes different too.

xx
Ahh, ok, apologies then. still manky baby food whatever
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:45 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

me!!! (but not for much longer )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.