Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does a oz c.v. look like?

What does a oz c.v. look like?

Old Nov 10th 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default What does a oz c.v. look like?

Can anyone show me an example of what a oz c.v should look like as i here they are not the same as what a uk one would be,ok i dont want personal info just an example of what it may look like,so i could change mine to suit that for when i apply for jobs before heading to oz and when there.
Also what other things do employers like references?certs to see you are what you say you etc
Old Nov 10th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does a oz c.v. look like?

Found this on the ATO website, might help.

http://www.ato.gov.au/careers/conten...tm&page=16&H16
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
Can anyone show me an example of what a oz c.v should look like as i here they are not the same as what a uk one would be,ok i dont want personal info just an example of what it may look like,so i could change mine to suit that for when i apply for jobs before heading to oz and when there.
Also what other things do employers like references?certs to see you are what you say you etc
NikiL's answer (above) is a good starting point.

From what I have seen, Australian resumes (they call them résumés [but never use the accents], not CVs, so don't bother typing Curriculum Vitae on it) are much the same as you would expect to see in the UK with one major difference: They go into a lot more detail than your standard two-page CV. Most of the resumes I have seen (from Australians) are four pages at the very least. And the employers do read them.

I would suggest, once you have written your first resume, send a copy to a recruitment agency for your given profession (Uncle Google should be able to assist there) and ask for feedback.

Expect employers (or the recruiters) to do reference checks as they do in the UK. They're not put off by the fact that your referees are in a different country as it seems to be the norm. My previous employer asked to copy both my degree certificate and my PR Visa; my current asked for neither, so YMMV.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Last edited by Johnsyweb; Nov 10th 2007 at 8:26 pm. Reason: Added information about references and certification.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 9:11 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Pete. You're up early.

Buzzy
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Morning Pete. You're up early.
Well, like my mother always used to tell me...

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb's Mum
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
I don't think I'm any of the above, but I keep trying.

Incidentally, don't go Googling for the first three word of that idiom!

--paj
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb
Well, like my mother always used to tell me...

I don't think I'm any of the above, but I keep trying.

Incidentally, don't go Googling for the first three word of that idiom!

--paj
Originally Posted by Johnsyweb's Mum
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.

I prefer -

"Early to bed and up with the cock" myself .

Buzzy