Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what does it mean

what does it mean

Old Nov 16th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default what does it mean

On the austtime line site I have read the following message
VIC STNI rejected
Any idea as to what it means
Old Nov 16th 2003, 4:12 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does it mean

Originally posted by sj oldfield
On the austtime line site I have read the following message
VIC STNI rejected
Any idea as to what it means
Victoria state territory nominated independent. Its a class of visa.
Don't know much else about it!

Jane
Old Nov 17th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks.
yhi site is so useful, it has assisted with so many queries.
now i am beginning to panic over the medicals(often panic me)
my partner has a couple of beers each night, i have now read that he could fail the mediacl. anyone else had any experiance
Old Nov 17th 2003, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple of beers a night too, I passed!
They ask on the medical form how much you drink per day in units - just make sure you don't put something outrageous!
Old Nov 17th 2003, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by S Oldfield
many thanks.
yhi site is so useful, it has assisted with so many queries.
now i am beginning to panic over the medicals(often panic me)
my partner has a couple of beers each night, i have now read that he could fail the mediacl. anyone else had any experiance
I agree with Pollyana - I to drink beer and my wife does a good impersonation of a fish, I wouldn't worry.

The medical is a blood test (HIV) - if you've had any children you would have had one already, blood pressure, a basic eye sight test , a basic hearing test (turn and face the wall, "can you hear me", wispers the doctor) , reflex tests (joints) , height and weight.
Its very basic. I think AUS are more concerned with history of major problems i.e are you going to be a burden on the health service. Its all self declaration anyway so it depends what you put on the forms.
They don't request medical records or anything like that.

So don't panic - must admit I did wonder if they would find a deadly blood disorder that was very rare and that the X-ray would show I had a severe lung disease, but luckily all was fine.