Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does LCU stand for?????

What does LCU stand for?????

Old May 15th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Default What does LCU stand for?????

what does LCU stand and also what are people referring to when they say our blood test came back a, b,c etc hopefully somebody knows ,i aint got a clue
Old May 15th 2006, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does LCU stand for?????

Originally Posted by butch&shell
what does LCU stand and also what are people referring to when they say our blood test came back a, b,c etc hopefully somebody knows ,i aint got a clue

LCU - Local Health Clearance Unit

Your panel doctor will give you an A, B or C when you have your meds, generally these mean

A - No health issues, and the panel doctor is satisfied that you are fit and well

B - Minor issues or things that could be a problem later on. For example, if you had high blood pressure, LCU may need a few more test before they clear you.

C - The doctor is concerned about your health.

Be aware that the panel doctor can only telll LCU his opinion and it will be the LCU that decide if you pass the meds or not, or if you need to provide reports etc.
Old May 15th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Auzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant future

Hi Wendy
I never knew there was a 'C', lol I suppose I should feel lucky I only got the B
Originally Posted by WendyC

Your panel doctor will give you an A, B or C when you have your meds, generally these mean

A - No health issues, and the panel doctor is satisfied that you are fit and well

B - Minor issues or things that could be a problem later on. For example, if you had high blood pressure, LCU may need a few more test before they clear you.

Be aware that the panel doctor can only telll LCU his opinion and it will be the LCU that decide if you pass the meds or not, or if you need to provide reports etc.
Old May 15th 2006, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auzangel
Hi Wendy
I never knew there was a 'C', lol I suppose I should feel lucky I only got the B
I've seen it mentioned once or twice.

I don't know anyone that has been refused a visa on health grounds, so wouldn't worry too much.
Old May 15th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WendyC

cheers wendyc we have our meds next week getting a bit twitchy
Old May 15th 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by butch&shell
cheers wendyc we have our meds next week getting a bit twitchy
They are easy, nothing to worry about.