Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does Brisbane CBD stand for?

What does Brisbane CBD stand for?

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What does Brisbane CBD stand for?

I keep reading posts mentioning CBD - is it central business district?
Cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What does Brisbane CBD stand for?

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
Cheers
Yes, they refer to it in all the city's (i presume). I know they do for Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

It's like the City Centre.

ps - G'day from Brisbane
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:22 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Yep!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:23 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jinx!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, we are hoping to come to Brisbane (should get our visas soon) and I kept reading it and thinking what the heck is that! I googled it in the end lol
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Jinx!
must of been replying at same time!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Elljay - I notice that you went early Feb, how are you finding it? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Nosey aren't I!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

Thanks guys, we are hoping to come to Brisbane (should get our visas soon) and I kept reading it and thinking what the heck is that! I googled it in the end lol
No worries - good luck in your quest.

Just waking to another sunny day in Brisbane....birds are ....squawking (they don't sing here!) beautiful blue cloudless sky.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Elljay - I notice that you went early Feb, how are you finding it? Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Nosey aren't I!
Not at all - that's what the forum is for!

Came Feb 06 - spent 6 months in Sydney - moved to Brissy Oct. 06.

For a more detailed account - read my post on the "update" forum - One Year on.....

Enjoy!

L-j xx
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

You had me worried (until I got to the end), I'm so glad you ended with loads of highs! The thought of emigrating scares the crap out of me, and we don't even intend to come for at least 18 months (please god let us get a visa) as I've got to finish college.

The mention of so many cockroaches also scares me to death, together wtih all the other creepy crawlies lol

We have a four year old so I'm hoping that he'll be young enough to make friends and settle in easily when we do get over.

Well done to you for sticking it out and good luck!

Ems

PS bet the Robbie concert was fantastic lol
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

You had me worried (until I got to the end), I'm so glad you ended with loads of highs! The thought of emigrating scares the crap out of me, and we don't even intend to come for at least 18 months (please god let us get a visa) as I've got to finish college.

The mention of so many cockroaches also scares me to death, together wtih all the other creepy crawlies lol

We have a four year old so I'm hoping that he'll be young enough to make friends and settle in easily when we do get over.

Well done to you for sticking it out and good luck!

Ems

PS bet the Robbie concert was fantastic lol
Thanks for your feedback - yep all came out good in the end.
BTW - Robbie concert was first class

Have a great day, Lj
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:46 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Its ok, they're not like english cockroaches, more like mice size, and as for the spiders, you put a saucepan over them rather than a glass to get them outside
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Your joking right??

Seriously, I've been surfing the net checking out the spiders and some of them look more like the size of small dogs. I'm hoping (probably kidding myself) that those monsters aren't the kind you generally find in your bedroom. Neither me or my hubbie like spiders but at least in this country he's brave enough to scoop it up and chuck it out of the window - I've got no chance over there
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Your joking right??

Seriously, I've been surfing the net checking out the spiders and some of them look more like the size of small dogs. I'm hoping (probably kidding myself) that those monsters aren't the kind you generally find in your bedroom. Neither me or my hubbie like spiders but at least in this country he's brave enough to scoop it up and chuck it out of the window - I've got no chance over there
Not seen spiders or snakes in either house we have rented.
Ants here are a problem!!!! - have had them in my kettle...in my iron.....in my laptop. Very annoying - crawling all over your keyboard when you're trying to e mail. Coming out of the holes in your iron as you're ironing your best white blouse.

But would i return to Uk on that basis....................NOt a chance!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your joking right??

No joke about the roaches, they are the spawn of the devil. Size of a mouse at times, and they fly

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 2nd 2007 at 9:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.