Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does Australia have to offer me?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice
Default What does Australia have to offer me?

Hi everyone. Not done one of these for a while so hope it works! I'm just looking for some help on what to expect when my family and myself emmigrate to Australia on the 25th January 2008. My parents, two younger sisters (15 and 11), and me have never been to Australia before but are moving out there at the beginning of next year. I'm 18 years old and and getting a bit tedious of life in England, e.g. all my friends have started uni and Im bored of my job as a receptionist in a sports club. However i have a boyfriend who i have been with for a year who I really dont want to leave behind. Staying in England isnt an option, as I would never be able to cope financially on my own. My boyfriend and I are going to give the 'long distance relationship' thing a go. He has another year of college left yet, but has said he will come and stay with us for 3 months in his gap year. Do you think that moving to Australia will be a good thing? And if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it.
Thankyou,
Tara xx
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

pailuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What does Australia have to offer me?

you are only young once. Go and see if you like it if not you can always come back. It is better to try, than wonder later if only. Your boyfriend is coming for 3 months in his year gap, who knows he might decide to stay. Once there, there are more opportunities for you to explore. A change in direction career wise? further education? the list is endless. But for now just have fun, fun, fun
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

1. Better weather.
2. A lot more space.
3. At the moment no Labour government.
4. It doesn't have to do what the EU tells it.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:28 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

A chance to find out if your boyfriend is the real deal forever or is that really really cute aussie with the suntan is.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martin36-1
Hi everyone. Not done one of these for a while so hope it works! I'm just looking for some help on what to expect when my family and myself emmigrate to Australia on the 25th January 2008. My parents, two younger sisters (15 and 11), and me have never been to Australia before but are moving out there at the beginning of next year. I'm 18 years old and and getting a bit tedious of life in England, e.g. all my friends have started uni and Im bored of my job as a receptionist in a sports club. However i have a boyfriend who i have been with for a year who I really dont want to leave behind. Staying in England isnt an option, as I would never be able to cope financially on my own. My boyfriend and I are going to give the 'long distance relationship' thing a go. He has another year of college left yet, but has said he will come and stay with us for 3 months in his gap year. Do you think that moving to Australia will be a good thing? And if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it.
Thankyou,
Tara xx
I went to Australia on my own when i was 19 I backpacker all around OZ on my own (a little bit dangerous girl on own with backpacker killer on loose, by hey )

I flipping loved it, you'll have an absolute blast, great people (really friendly), great beaches and a really amazing lifestyle.

Dont worry you'll fit right in, your boyfriend (if your ment to be together) may stay in Australia with you, he can go to college out there.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:41 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me borrow from JFK here.....
Ask not what Australia can offer you, but what you can offer Australia :-)
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:42 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andym79

1. Better weather.
2. A lot more space.
4. It doesn't have to do what the EU tells it.
Aye, follow China and the US, join the winning team!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

1. Better weather.
2. A lot more space.
4. It doesn't have to do what the EU tells it
ooohh!! Do I detect a little resentment towards the EU? Oh and let me guess you always vote conservative (in england). That argument doesn't really stand up, it is precisely why england never listens to the EU that it ended up in IRAQ. Australia doesn't have to answer to anyone, some would say good (me sometimes) but that can and has led to reckless policies.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice
Smile Re: What does Australia have to offer me?

Its nice to see you want to go to Oz at 18 with your parents. You've got your whole adult life infront of you and what better way to start it, You 'll have the lovely weather, you'll meet lots of new friends and it's a whole new adventure. When you get citizenship, at least you'll have the choice of either UK or OZ

I hope you enjoy it and Good luck

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:53 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou,
Tara xx
Ask not what Australia can do for you - ask what can you do for Australia..!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:54 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I haaaaave a dream that one day every forum reader will read the previous posts
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 11:59 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Good dream

will never come true though
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:01 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

eh? And in which state is this?? I s'pose you'll get me with Nt or ACT on a tecnicality
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:07 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
LOL yees and why not..!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

Australia will be, Whatever you want it to be. As is everything else. If you come pi$$ed off... negativity will sorround you...if you come positive.....it will all be good.....its so simple and easy...its just a state of mind...a decision...Theres a load of people on here that just moan all the time about their life...the one that they have created!!...what you see in front of you...is a reflection of you!

do what your heart/intuition tells you...its usually right...no ALWAYS right

WOW!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.