Reload this Page >

What Documents to Take?

What Documents to Take?

Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road
Default What Documents to Take?

HEHE!!

We fly into Brisbane on Sat 22nd Sept but don't really know what old statements, documents, insurance etc to be taken if anything.

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default Re: What Documents to Take?

Originally Posted by steved01
HEHE!!

We fly into Brisbane on Sat 22nd Sept but don't really know what old statements, documents, insurance etc to be taken if anything.

Cheers
Steve
hi, be sure to take your no claims discount letter from your car insurance company.bank statements, landlord refs or a letter from your estate agent confirming you are a jolly nice person.it all helps securing rentals or mortagage. this is what ive been advised on this top drawer site.

regards tony
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:39 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony s
hi, be sure to take your no claims discount letter from your car insurance company.bank statements, landlord refs or a letter from your estate agent confirming you are a jolly nice person.it all helps securing rentals or mortagage. this is what ive been advised on this top drawer site.

regards tony
We bought everything that we could paper work wise,

The NO Claims Bonus was the only one we needed

The rest........... are still in the case where i put them before we came here
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:47 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually you need nothing really. Hate to disappoint. You wont need car insurance proof of no claims. For example with Suncorp or any of the other major insurance companies you simply phone for cover and make the statement that you have been driving for 5 years, have no claims etc and you get rating 1 for life awarded as new migrant (full protected no claims to you).

You certainly dont need bank statements. Nobody cares what money you had in the UK and references from mortgage lenders etc are unnecesary. When renting a house here the landlord or agent basically needs to know that you can afford the rent in Australia given either capital funds in your australian bank or employment references from your new employer in Australia.

The only useful things that you tend to need are your passport & uk driving licence just so you can transfer it over to your Queensland licence as soon as possible and then coupled with your passport is enough ID to accomplish most things.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

HEHE!!

Cheers
Steve
On our 457 visa we needed our NHS medical cards to get medicare...
Old Aug 25th 2007, 1:03 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

HEHE!!

Cheers
Steve
I brought:
- Bank Contact Details (last statement, etc) - I kept an account open
- Latest Private Pension Statements
- Professional Qualification Certificates
- Driving Licence (a tatty old old paper one)
- Birth Certificate
- References From Old Employers
- Some work-related documents evidencing previous experience
- NHS Medical Card
- Hardcopy of anything the Immigration People emailed me

Of these I have needed a grand total of my Birth Certificate when I got married and my driving licence.

Last edited by Vim Fuego; Aug 25th 2007 at 2:45 am.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

If you have kids bring vaccination records (needed to get them into primary school - not necessary for secondary) and copies of school reports.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually you need nothing really. Hate to disappoint. You wont need car insurance proof of no claims. For example with Suncorp or any of the other major insurance companies you simply phone for cover and make the statement that you have been driving for 5 years, have no claims etc and you get rating 1 for life awarded as new migrant (full protected no claims to you).

You certainly dont need bank statements. Nobody cares what money you had in the UK and references from mortgage lenders etc are unnecesary. When renting a house here the landlord or agent basically needs to know that you can afford the rent in Australia given either capital funds in your australian bank or employment references from your new employer in Australia.

The only useful things that you tend to need are your passport & uk driving licence just so you can transfer it over to your Queensland licence as soon as possible and then coupled with your passport is enough ID to accomplish most things.
ok, all that info i got on this not so top drawer site was completley wrong.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony s
ok, all that info i got on this not so top drawer site was completley wrong.

Everyone has different experiences, but I wouldn't bother with anything. I also have only used my passport and birth certificate since arriving, no-one cares about anything else.