Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you think will be better?

What do you think will be better?

Old Mar 9th 2002, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think will be better?

Jeremy, I think which Country is better depends what is important to a person individually. The Uk is so central for Travel, all our Brit friends travel a lot. Here a Overseas trip is seen as once in a lifetime to most. Australia is certainly more sunny, but that comes at a very high price (discomfort), the UK is wet but then you can appreciate the seasons. Some love Cold some love hot. Australia does great seafood, Uk does a great curry. Incomes seem higher in the UK,(based on my family there), but some items are cheaper here. Houses can be cheap in Australia but that is generally in more remote areas, and Australias cheapness is not quite as exciting when its your money that is worth so little. Sydney prices like london. Some kids may love the beach others will soon tire of it and want the stimulation of arts& museums. Some would happily never see the family again, some will break hearts and destroy people by moving away. I guess people should work out what means the most to them, and unfortunately that sometimes does not become clear untill they see what they really had, the grass is greener can be very powerful. I hope it will work out for all who wish to emigrate anywhere, I really do. Just go through it very carefully especially the Family and distance issues. Good Luck.
Old Mar 9th 2002, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris I really dont understand your anger. You know nothing of my situation, I raised two kids alone for many years doing Family Day Care, day and night and weekends. My kids were always with me, apart from school. Thats why I chose that career. Many families out there could work shifts as I was prepared to work those hours. My kids have never been put behind money.
Family Day care is looking after kids in your own home, for those not familiar with the term. Dont bag me because I chose to work instead of collecting welfare.

Why are you so angry, if your area is crime free how wonderful for you. My area is not. Do you really think this website is for me to list the time date and place of every crime mentioned. Most of them will be mentioned in the Brisbane and Coast papers, why the heck do you think I would make them up, that really amazes me. Why is it OK with you that people in the UK mention crime but us in Australia cant??

If you think the beaches are not dangerous here you should take a swim at Kawana, youll find huge drop offs. Do you really believe that I have never gone to the beach?, just because I feel safer in a pool. Really Why are you SO angry. Read the posts most people want different opinions. You can voice your opinion and I can voice mine. You simply cant say only you are right or only you can have an opinion. The same as you cant only let this site say the UK is all bad but Australia is all good.
Old Mar 9th 2002, 3:05 pm
Angela

Dotty,

I have been following this post for a week now. As someone who has lived in South
Africa, Australia and US, it is very very sad that you have nothing positive to say
about the country you live in. I agree with Chriss when he asks for websites or
statistics of some sort to provide an objective view. Atleast this way for those
planning on moving, they can make informed decisions based on facts. I am lucky to
have lived in Australia for four years, and I can tell you without a doubt for me,
it's a great country to live in and I'm very much looking forward to moving back. I
feel sad for you that this is not working out, but it is a choice you made. If life
for you is so bad, why don't you move back to where you came from? You can make bad
decisions, but it's worse to live by them!

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Mar 9th 2002, 4:36 pm
Chris

Dotty, why do you always cut the entire post previous to yours? It makes it a little
tough for you to reply to the points raised, and it makes it tough on people reading
what your replies are in regards to.

"dotty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Chris I really dont understand your anger.

What are you talking about anger for? Do I sound angry to you? About what exactly, I
sure would like to know. Bewildered might be a more appropriate word to describe how
I feel about your posts.

> You know nothing of my situation, I raised two kids alone for many years
doing Family Day Care,
    > day and night and weekends. My kids were always with me, apart from school. Thats
    > why I chose that career. Many families out there could work shifts as I was
    > prepared to work those hours. My kids have never been put behind money. Family Day
    > care is looking after kids in your own home, for those not familiar with the term.
    > Dont bag me because I chose to work instead of collecting welfare.

I never claimed to know anything about your situation further than what you put
forward. On the one hand you say you worked so hard for the house, and on the other
you're saying other people shouldn't work so hard, and should see more of their
family. It might pay to read what you wrote before saying that I am bagging you out.
I am just wondering what it is you're trying to tell people? That getting a big house
is what... not worth it?

> Why are you so angry, if your area is crime free how wonderful for you.

I'm not angry. You seem to be very confused about this. I am merely asking you to
provide facts, rather than exaggerated opinions, to people who genuinely need facts
to base their decisions on. Mistruths for these people can be keeping them from
something which may end up being better for them, jsut because you have your own
personal, gloomy outlook on your part of the world. For those of us who have
travelled a bit, the bad we have here does not seem all that bad in comparison.

BTW, I live on the Gold Coast... hardly "crime free", is it? In fact, I'd suggest the
crimes rates down here were higher than up where you live. I read the same main
newspapers as you, by the way, so I well aware of what gets printed in the press.

> My area is not. Do you really think this website is for me to list the time date
    > and place of every crime mentioned.

Do you really think this news group is for you to spead misinformation? I think if
you are going to tell people what's going on over here, give them access to data that
they can view and assess for themselves. I suggested this before, but you gave no
reply. The way you put things in the original post was out of context and, it seemed,
exaggerated due to the vague statements which implied that there was a lot more going
on then there really is. Syringe hold-ups would have to be a good example of this...
do you think that because they are less frequently reported in the newspaper, that it
is a FACT that they are extremely common and no longer newsworthy? It would seem this
is in contrast of most other crimes which, when out of control, are always written up
as "out of control crimes".

> Most of them will be mentioned in the Brisbane and Coast papers, why the heck do
    > you think I would make them up, that really amazes me. Why is it OK with you that
    > people in the UK mention crime but us in Australia cant??

Don't play dumb. I clearly stated what I saw wrong with your version of events here,
each and every one of them. Like I said before, I didn't say you made things up, I
said you gave exaggerated and vague reports on crimes by not being specific, ie. by
not being specific you are leaving the impression that these crimes happen all the
time, and that they are all current news. They are not, and the quantity of them is
clearl exaggerated by your lack of specific numbers and reliance on words like
"several", "dozen" or using plurals when in most cases, this is more of an overall
feeling you had about the crime than the reality of its frequency.

You FAILED to address any of this because you cut it all out and replied with this
tidy, non-productive paragraph.

> If you think the beaches are not dangerous here you should take a swim at Kawana,
    > youll find huge drop offs. Do you really believe that I have never gone to the
    > beach?, just because I feel safer in a pool.

Really? Drops from 2ft to 10ft in a couple of steps? Do you honestly expect me to
believe that? I've been a beach goer since I was a kid and have never encountered 2ft
to 10ft drops within a couple of steps. You do realise that 10ft is over 3 metres,
don't you? Now, don't you think it's time to take back this exaggerated description
of your beach?

> Really Why are you SO angry. Read the posts most people want different opinions.
    > You can voice your opinion and I can voice mine. You simply cant say only you are
    > right or only you can have an opinion. The same as you cant only let this site say
    > the UK is all bad but Australia is all good.

I'm saying, and you should know this by now, that if you are going to provide facts
for people then provide facts. Give them the URL for our local newspapers, our Bureau
of Stats and Institute for Criminology, but please don't spread half-truths.

Chris

>
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 9th 2002, 9:36 pm
Winnie

"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Dotty, why do you always cut the entire post previous to yours? It makes
it
    > a little tough for you to reply to the points raised, and it makes it
tough
    > on people reading what your replies are in regards to.

Seconded. It would be most helpful if folks could quote the relevant bits of the
posts to which they are replying...

Cheers Winnie

Old Mar 10th 2002, 12:35 am
Doc

Hello Dotty,

Just a few words here....

You and I may see thngs perhaps from a different perspective occasionally. This may
be due to different life experiences and situations. I still remember England well
though I have been here for over 40 years now. My views are rooted in the comradeship
and companionship I found in the Australian army and in the bush.

This does not mean that you are wrong. Each person carries with them a personal
reality which is unique and therefore not congruent with the realities of others.
What you see is truth for you, and that's the way you tell it.

Do not be depressed. A newsgroup such as this, which is dedicated to discussions
relating to a most fundamental lifestyle change, absolutely requires a person who
speaks as you do. The position of devil's advocate has to be filled.

It would be easy for me to speak about prospects and settlement information here in
my area; I am a professional and the local J.P. - but this is MY perception only, and
for the vast majority of people who come to live in the cities perhaps your
perceptions may be closer to their reality than mine.

Certainly I would encourage any prospective migrant to consider 'the bush'. There are
jobs here and living costs are appreciably lower, yet this is not an option that may
appeal to those who have spent their lives in suburbia. Life on a country 'block' can
be terrifying to those who have only ever encountered concrete yet once people have
really lived in the bush they do not find it easy to return to the 24 hour trauma
that is life in a city.

'If you don't like it go home' is what is often said. This is not as easy as it
sounds, yet it is often aimed at those who are described as 'whingeing poms' (I don't
consider you to be one incidentally!). Those who would say this often have little
idea of the realities of the situation as they apply to the individual.

My experiences here have been almost entirely positive as you may have gathered yet
this is not universally the case. You underlined this in one of your posts when you
said that those who come here are not coming to Heaven but to Australia. Reality is
more appropriate than rose coloured glasses.

There is much more that could be said here - but this post is too long already

Regards

doc

> Chris I really dont understand your anger. You know nothing of my situation, I
    > raised two kids alone for many years doing Family Day Care, day and night and
    > weekends. My kids were always with me, apart from school. Thats why I chose that
    > career. Many families out there could work shifts as I was prepared to work those
    > hours. My kids have never been put behind money. Family Day care is looking after
    > kids in your own home, for those not familiar with the term. Dont bag me because I
    > chose to work instead of collecting welfare.
    >
    > Why are you so angry, if your area is crime free how wonderful for you. My area is
    > not. Do you really think this website is for me to list the time date and place of
    > every crime mentioned. Most of them will be mentioned in the Brisbane and Coast
    > papers, why the heck do you think I would make them up, that really amazes me. Why
    > is it OK with you that people in the UK mention crime but us in Australia cant??
    >
    > If you think the beaches are not dangerous here you should take a swim at Kawana,
    > youll find huge drop offs. Do you really believe that I have never gone to the
    > beach?, just because I feel safer in a pool. Really Why are you SO angry. Read the
    > posts most people want different opinions. You can voice your opinion and I can
    > voice mine. You simply cant say only you are right or only you can have an
    > opinion. The same as you cant only let this site say the UK is all bad but
    > Australia is all good.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 11th 2002, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

CHRIS> Look Forum up in your Dictionary.. Do you understand assembly for Public discussion? It does not say assembly for people to agree with Chris.

You are very biased. When have you ever critisiced anybody who has said any of the hundreds of bad things about the UK.

When is the time date and place of every crime listed in the UK going to be posted? If you want proof just get the backissues of any Queensland Newspaper. Try Queenslands Sunday Mail.

I choose to ignore your ramblings as you obviously jump on any person on this website who dares to mention the that Australia is not perfect. Why dont you jump on those who say the UK is not perfect. Look at your posts in one you said your family receive child support (that is maintenence from a former partner), then you choose to change it to welfare. Do you want me to go on, rambling on for pages disputing everything you say? Because that is exactly what you are doing.

Basically a lot of what you write is just Nit Picking.

So you have decided that YOU will not allow others to say anything different from your views. Lets watch this Website carefully. How long before you are jumping on anybody else who puts a few negative points forward.???

Who exactly said that you personally can stop others voicing their experiences. This is garbage
Old Mar 11th 2002, 9:36 am
Chris

DOTTY> I know cutting out the text from the previous post helps you avoid
addressing the points raised, but after being warned twice for reasons of clarity,
you DOTTY> still refuse to do so. Is this beyond your ability?

> CHRIS> Look Forum up in your Dictionary.. Do you understand assembly for Public
    > CHRIS> discussion? It does not say assembly for people to agree with Chris.

I haven't asked for you to agree with me. I've asked for you to provide some
substance to your waffle. I guess this is an admission that you cannot.

DOTTY> How about addressing your statement on syringe hold-ups? Are you
still standing by that garbage?

> You are very biased.

Dotty, YOU are very biased, and for the most part, all you can say about Australia
has been negative. I'm not the first to have mentioned this, by the way. I guess the
negativity has helped you concoct fantastical exaggerations about crime and beaches
too. This isn't being informative.

When have you ever critisiced anybody who has said
    > any of the hundreds of bad things about the UK.

Dotty, you are an idiot. I guess that is what it must come down to because you are
somewhere below the level where you can be effectively communicated with. No one on
this NG is moving TO the UK, they are moving AWAY from it. People are seeking
information about the country they want to move to. They are not seeking some
over-dramatised, unsubstantiated load of toss that you seem to be putting forth.

> When is the time date and place of every crime listed in the UK going to be posted?

I suggest that should be posted on a newsgroup associated with people moving to the
UK, where it is relevant.

> If you want proof just get the backissues of any Queensland Newspaper. Try
    > Queenslands Sunday Mail.

You are full of crap, as if that needed mentioning. You FAILED to substantiate any of
the claims you made earlier. You also FAILED to be specific, I guess, as a way of
making your points appear stronger than they really are. Being vague is a good way of
passing bullshit, isn't it? Your misleading use of plural and open-ended phrases
portrays a fictious state of affairs. And now this... "look up the backissues of the
Sunday Mail." Yeah, right... people in the UK have access to these sources do they?

And by the way, I read the Sunday Mail (and the Courier, Bulletin and Australian by
the way), and the frequency with which the crimes you mention are reported, and the
frequency with which you *make them out to occur* are two very different things.

> I choose to ignore your ramblings as you obviously jump on any person on this
    > website who dares to mention the that Australia is not perfect.

Again, you show us you're an idiot if you really believe this. I clearly stated the
areas where Australia falls behind, ie. break and enters. I even showed you where the
Bureau of Stats's website was. Did you find it too hard to click the URL or
something?

DOTTY> Quote me where I said Australia is perfect. I haven't jumped on
anyone else but you, because you are MISINFORMING people.

> Why dont you jump on those who say the UK is not perfect.

Dotty, dotty, dotty. Please quote me where I have said "Australia is perfect."

> Look at your posts in one you said your family receive child support (that
is maintenence
    > from a former partner), then you choose to change it to welfare.

Wrong Dotty, the Government gives child support to low income earners. "Welfare" is
an umbrella term which consitutes many different forms of social security payments.
The two are the same. I wasn't aware you'd be confused with such common terms. Put
your hand up next time.

> Do you want me to go on, rambling on for pages disputing everything you say?
    > Because that is exactly what you are doing.

I'm disputing what you say because it could have a large impact on people's
futures. Whether you misunderstood two words or not will have NO impact on anyone
else's future.

> Basically a lot of what you write is just Nit Picking.

No, two other posters have agreed with me and have said that you need to provide some
proof. What you find trivial may be VERY important to others. You seem *very*
reluctant to provide proof, even though what people read on here may persuade or
disuade them from coming out here. Cleary, Dotty, you are just upset that your
waffling has been caught out as wound-up garbage.

> So you have decided that YOU will not allow others to say anything different from
    > your views.

The problem with you is that all you are giving is "your view", which is completely
subjective (especially considering the way you "compile" your report of crime around
here). That is the problem. How can you not understand this? Why are you so reluctant
to back up the things you say?

> Lets watch this Website carefully.

Or newsgroup...

> How long before you are jumping on anybody else who puts a few negative points
    > forward.???

I think you understand why I have jumped on you, but for fear of losing face, you're
avoiding it completely.

> Who exactly said that you personally can stop others voicing their experiences.
    > This is garbage

Proof prevents people from distorting the truth. Try it some time. Chris

>
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 11th 2002, 9:36 am
Chris

>
    > Base your decisions on FACTS and like many you will do well,

Geez, Dotty, after coming back and reading this, I could have sworn you were arguing
my very point (which you now seem to think is nit-picking). Would have been good if
you'd taken your own advice.

Chris

>
    >
    >
    > --

Old Mar 11th 2002, 10:05 am
Chris

Here are some links to *real* information about our part of Australia:

http://thesundaymail.com.au/ (If all the back issues were available you could see
Dotty has dramatised things quite significantly - there are gruesome crimes committed
here, and the CBD of Brisbane has a youth violence problem, but at least if you read
about them yourself, you can get a realistic understanding of the volume)
http://www.gcbulletin.com.au/ (Gold Coast mostly)
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/ (the daily version of the Sunday Mail)

http://www.abs.gov.au/ (Australian Bureau of Statistics) This page has details on
"recorded crime", with various gruesome categories:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%4...682000131612/7
6c8926bd8a12e1fca2568a9001393f2!OpenDocument This one deals with issues of safety
(how likely will you be a victim of crime etc.):

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%4...682000131612/6
69c5a997eaed891ca2568a900139405!OpenDocument

That's a start!

Chris

Old Mar 12th 2002, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris Thank you for your fine outburst. Such language and yet you have no anger eh? You still cant understand the word Forum can you? You are displaying far more about yourself than Australia.

I have recently lived in the UK and here, and clearly suggested that the diffences in crime and such are not as divided as they once were. I am not quoting information read off of Websites. I AM QUOTING EXPERIENCES OF LIFE HERE IN AUSTRALIA IN THE AREAS I HAVE LIVED.

Why was I interested in this Website. Because I am immigrating back to the Uk whenever we can afford it. Why, because our lives would then include more travel, Family, things which are important to us. We feel stranded here with the low dollar and would like our earnings to be in a real currency, We are sick of slogging away for our 36p's. (Conversion rate.) My kids loved the Uk, as the youngest said they felt it was "alive". Lying on the beach and looking at sun has worn thin for us, how many hours a week can you fill doing that.

Despite what you say I am not the only one going back or wanting to go back, you know that, you have answered other posts here to people going back.

You have a very nasty personality disorder, swearing threatening people just because they dont agree with you!!! If you cant accept that a forum will not contain every post that you agree with then dont read it.

By the way , after my kids were older I returned to my career, Nursing, after many shifts in Casualty wards, I bet I know far more about crime here than you ever will. And why did we come to Australia, with Nursing friends Aussies mainly who I might add gave us a very sunny glossy opinion of here, I often wished somebody had given us a little more of a realistic view.

You never did mention why you are on this Website, but no doubt you will shortly give us several pages more of your abusive, foul language and bigoted opinions. I sincerely hope that everybody here read your last post, and that they see you for exactly what you are a foulmouth who cannot accept that others may see things differently from yourself.

As a professional person I will not answer any more of Chris's posts, I feel it is only encouraging his appalling behaviour on this site. However I look forward to normal conversations with the many varied and interesting people who post here. Hopefully you may all be able to help us with our queries on the Uk. Once again Good Luck to all where ever they may be going.
Old Mar 12th 2002, 6:15 am
Just Joined

fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Im sorry things have not worked out for u dotty, i do hope that you find your way back to England and are able to start your life again. You are right in so many instances, we are now putting off the emmigration process due to lack of funds.. im a little deflated but in a year or so maybe we can get back on track.
Is anyone here moving with older children across to oz? My son will be choosing his exam subjects next year, im a little worried as to wether the distruption will be fair. All the kids are happy about going to oz, if we ever get there but i would feel better if some one else happened to have kids in the same age group. And to get feed back would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 12th 2002, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty,

I'm really sorry things haven't worked out for you.

You keep saying that you can't aford to come back the the UK because of the exchange rate. Your whole argument about exchange rate is flawed. Yes $1 = about 36p but you earn more $ than you would earn £. A nurse in the UK earns under £20k are you honestly saying you earn under $20k as a nurse?

You would walk into a job we are crying out for nurses. Don't let the love of money keep you in a country you so clearly hate - surely life is too short.

Helen & Colin
Old Mar 12th 2002, 7:35 pm
Vladimir Menkov

In article <[email protected]>, Helena <[email protected]>
wrote: ...
    >Here in southern W.A., there are quite a few lakes. You can walk on many of them, or
    >drive on them. Not much good for swimming. Some are amazing salt pans, ....
    >Rivers? With a few exceptions, most would be more appropriately labelled "streams",
    >or "dry creek-beds".
    >During the summer, many rivers don't run, they just sort of dribble along, and there
    >will be signs up telling you not to swim in them because you can pick up some awful
    >bacteria that flourishes in the warm water. ...

Well, that's pretty much what I expected to hear... Which means, I suppose, that if
you want to live close to a beach, you'd have to buy your house in a coastal town or
suburb, and pay a premium for that. (And which means that those who live in more
inland suburbs usually don't get to the water all that often).

>In Perth, we've got the Swan River which is quite large and many swim in, sail on,
    >windsurf, waterski, etc.

Neat. So are there actual legal beaches on Swan River right in town, or people swim
"in contravention" of the rules and can be ticketed for the violation?

> I don't know, to me there's nothing nicer than the ocean for swimming.

I suppose I would have to agree, considering the local conditions of your continent.
But it's salty, and there are sharks (did not they eat one of your federal Prime
Ministers once upon a time? something that
Mr. Chretien would hardly need to be afraid of) and jellyfish there!
     In Perth area, do you ever have any of those really dangerous
jellyfish that occasionally kill or severely burn people in warmer areas
(Queensland), or only those which are a minor nuisance? (Back when I lived in New
Jersey, I occasionally saw the waters off Atlantic City infested with those).

> And I remember seeing another lake
[in Canada]
    >where the only access to it was owned, and you had to pay the owner to use it. That
    >bothers me. I'm glad we don't have that here.

I assume you mean that the ocean coast in Australia, below the high tide line, is
public property. I believe that this is the case, at least theoretically, in BC and
Mexico too, in some US states as well. But if there are private waterfront houses all
along the shore, would there typically be rights-of-way between the houses for people
to reach the beach? (In North America, it's a mixed bag. In Kelowna, BC, for example,
there are frequent "beach access" paths between houses to Lake Okanagan shore. In
California, such laws are on the books, but access paths are frequently not there.)

>Vancouver's got some okay beaches. Just very cold.

That's right: so even in coastal cities, the locals often prefer to use lake beaches!
(There is very popular Trout Lake in Vancouver for example; even more lake beaches in
Nanaimo, the town on the other side of Strait of Georgia).

>Aaah, the Okanagan! Well, you're probably the exception in Canada as far as decent
    >lake beaches. At least it gets nice and hot for you during summer.

Well, the lakes of the Okanagan Valley (especially Lake Osoyoos) are an exception in
that they are warmer than other lakes in the region, but the presence of a legal
beach, per se, is not particularly exceptional; many communities in other parts of BC
have one too.

| Vladimir Meñkov | butchering can be trained in six months to (Penticton, BC) |
    | perform many surgical operations, but only www.cs.indiana.edu/~vmenkov | surgeons
    | know that, and they aren't telling".

Old Mar 13th 2002, 1:35 am
Chris

Dotty avoids addressing all of the points again but cutting them out. It also
helps her lie.

>

Dotty, if you cannot respond to a post properly, don't bother responding at all. I
feel like I am talking to a brick wall. You purposefully cut out *everything* from
the last post so that you can pretend I said something else.

> I AM QUOTING EXPERIENCES OF LIFE HERE IN AUSTRALIA IN THE AREAS I HAVE LIVED.

Unfortunately, this is a lie. You are mostly quoting crimes which did not happen to
you or to people you know, ie. you read about them in the paper. Because you have
your own agenda, you used those crimes to paint an uglier state of affairs than what
is actual reality. How did you do this? You used a combination of open ended
quantities, plurals (again, open ended), and you even went so far as to say that
syringe hold-ups were so common that the newspaper didn't bother reporting them
anymore...

You also never once put these crimes into perspective. You didn't give any figures or
compare the quantity of the crime with anywhere else. Why? Because then your silly
argument would be blown out of the water. This would upset you because you've made up
your mind that you are going back to the UK, and feel that you have to justify your
decision on here (and to yourself).

> You have a very nasty personality disorder, swearing threatening people just
    > because they dont agree with you!!! If you cant accept that a forum will not
    > contain every post that you agree with then dont read it.

An example is right here. I have said, in plain English (which you obviously
have trouble dealing with), that I am arguing that you offer no EVIDENCE, and
that you should if you want people to get a realistic, truthful idea of what the
place is like.

You are also a liar. I guess this is the only way you could possibly respond to my
posts, because you lack the mental capacity to actually hold a debate on anything.
Instead you create personalities for me... first I'm supposedly angry (yet you're the
one who started personal attacks and put words into my mouth), and now I am
"threatening people". Where have I threatened you? And so you conclude that I have a
personality disorder... well that can be easily shot back at you. You lie and
fabricate, and your total outlook on life seems to be depressed and morbid. Are you a
prized example of mental health? I think not.

Of course you can't quote me threatening you because you made it up. You're full of
lies. If it is that easy for you to lie in public, I guess I was on the money when I
first doubted your other fantastic claims.

> You never did mention why you are on this Website, but no doubt you will shortly
    > give us several pages more of your abusive, foul language and bigoted opinions.

Are you upset that I called you an idiot? Well if you're not an idiot, you sure are
good at playing dumb or simply avoiding the points that are raised.

> I sincerely hope that everybody here read your last post, and that they see you for
    > exactly what you are a foulmouth who cannot accept that others may see things
    > differently from yourself.

Let's recap. I said "load of toss" and "crap" (in context). Are these the foul words
you are focussing on? I guess you need to make a big deal about them because you have
no other method of keeping up in this thread. You sure are running out of ammunition.

> As a professional person I will not answer any more of Chris's posts, I feel it is
    > only encouraging his appalling behaviour on this site.

As a professional person, you do like to lie though. You lied about the beach (anyone
who knows SE QLD beaches, knows that her 60cm to 3.3m drop within a couple of steps
is absurd), you lied about the scale of the crimes committed here, and now you're
lying about me. I guess that does make you a professional... a professional liar.

I guess you weren't counting on finding anyone else to counter your claims about the
area you live in, so you just let loose with the BS.

> However I look forward to normal conversations with the many varied and interesting
    > people who post here. Hopefully you may all be able to help us with our queries on
    > the Uk. Once again Good Luck to all where ever they may be going.

Funny then that people have agreed with me on points concerning you, and not the
other way around. If only you had been more helpful from the start. Yes, you might
not like it here, but why exaggerate the truth? Will it make you feel better if you
successfully disuade people from coming here? Will it help justify your decision to
go back to the UK? Next time, give people resource from which they can obtain the
truth if you *really* want to be helpful, or if some crimes have been committed
against you or people you know, report on those... but don't put forward mistruths
just to make yourself feel better about what you have decided to do.

Chris

> --
    > bevo
    >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.