Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you think of these flights?

What do you think of these flights?

Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:26 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What do you think of these flights?

Originally Posted by bcworld
This I dont think you could so. Typically when you book an airline ticket it has a certain validity....often you'll see 30days, 3 months or 12 months....the longer the validity the more exe the ticket is. So if you book a 3 week ticket and its price is for a fare with 30day validity I think its very unlikely you would be able to make changes to return outside that 30day period FOC. If you want to potentially stay 12 months then you will probably need a fare with 12 months validity, or be prepared to upgrade your original fare, if the conditions allow it.

Cheers mate, i will look into that one!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:41 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Emirates have the standard 32 inch seat pitch in cattle class. Only one airline flies to Australia with any better, thats Malaysian with 34 inches. Economy is crappy no matter who you fly with though really and I dont like Emirates much because of the stop in Dubai then again in Singapore when asian airlines fly direct via 1 stop. There are much worse airlines to fly though so you should be right.

As to weather here in June, only July is colder and frankly bring a jumper or two and jeans. Expect temps around the 20-21 degree mark so its basically cold as for most of us here. Nights are very cold and temps can drop to single figures and the bitching about lack of insulation and heating starts on BE.

So I don't know who was pulling your leg when they said it was warm. But heck its a darn sight better than the UK winter.

PS. We could only wish it was wet......welcome to the Australia, home of skippy, skin cancer and drought.
On Emirates flights to Australia:
Sydney, Melb, Perth - only 1 stop in Dubai.
Brisbane - 2 stops in Dubai and Singapore.

We prefer to use Emirates as they are the only 1 stop airline that flies to Gatwick.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 12:57 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
On Emirates flights to Australia:
Sydney, Melb, Perth - only 1 stop in Dubai.
Brisbane - 2 stops in Dubai and Singapore.

We prefer to use Emirates as they are the only 1 stop airline that flies to Gatwick.

I was under the impression that the flights i posted on my original post, on this thread, the screen grab i uploaded, were from Birmingham, with just one stop in Dubai?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:39 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forkandknife
I was under the impression that the flights i posted on my original post, on this thread, the screen grab i uploaded, were from Birmingham, with just one stop in Dubai?
Nope, the flight from DXB to BNE also has a "technical stop" for refueling. There is a non stop DXB - SYD and DXB - MEL but not to BNE
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Nope, the flight from DXB to BNE also has a "technical stop" for refueling. There is a non stop DXB - SYD and DXB - MEL but not to BNE
Non stop DXB - BNE is starting later this year.....for now it stops in Singapore for about 1 hour.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bcworld
Non stop DXB - BNE is starting later this year.....for now it stops in Singapore for about 1 hour.

Cheers mate, this trip is turning into a nightmare, looks like it will be the Emirates flight from Brum with the one hour refuel? This complex seems to be unavailable now?
http://www.seqrents.com.au/ct/index.htm

Anyone know of anything similar to this, everything is bang on, cost, location, quietness .i.e. townhouse/cottage etc, just my luck? Do not really want an apartment or hotel room or a large house. Never been much good at the travel agent sort of stuff?