Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Do You Like Most About Australia??

What Do You Like Most About Australia??

Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:36 pm
Banned

raw15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up What Do You Like Most About Australia??

hey

what do ya guys/girls like most about australia?
(APART FROM THE BLOODY SUN N WEATHER THATS OBVIOUS!!!)
i know we all live in different cities/towns in this great country,so tell us wat ya like best about your city.

oh yeh if ya could tell us what ya like about england (sorry gotta think hard on that one ay lol)
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Do You Like Most About Australia??

Originally Posted by raw15
hey

what do ya guys/girls like most about australia?
(APART FROM THE BLOODY SUN N WEATHER THATS OBVIOUS!!!)
i know we all live in different cities/towns in this great country,so tell us wat ya like best about your city.

oh yeh if ya could tell us what ya like about england (sorry gotta think hard on that one ay lol)
The laid back 'she'll be right' attitude

For the Uk - well, it has to be my family I guess!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oakie will become famous soon enoughOakie will become famous soon enough

Australia? Fit chicks.....

....everywhere
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:34 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Marks & Spencers, and Tesco's on every corner.

d'oh
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:15 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

In Perth....

-the feel of the sun on my closed eyelids as I sit on the back patio
-the easy listening tunes from my Dad's stereo (94.5 or 96 fm)
-the train into Perth and the feel of the air cond
-the way the customs people say 'Welcome home' when I show them my aussie passport!
-Coffee Chill (icy cold)
-VB (icy cold)
-BBQ'd meat with nice crunchy salad!
-hearing my parents friends (old generation) say 'Welcome back limey' when I go into the pub (yet they are all english, with retained accents and we are sitting in an English style pub! go figure)
-Shopping malls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how I miss thee!
-The sound of the plane as it comes in to land at Perth. I can see the city, I can see the heat shimmering off the tarmac, I can feel the air cool down in the plane, I can hear the whining noise that means we are coming in to land. And then we are down, and I am passing all the 'just off the boat poms' who que to use the first loo they see! (whereas I know there are further ones up ahead where you don't need to que) Then I am coming into arrivals and my Dad is there to greet me, and I can see the palm trees outside the airport and I know that I am home!

There is heaps more! But that is what I think about most, missing home as I do!

Right, England

-The fact that I sound as English as everyone else until I let my guard down and shock them with my Aussie accent!
-Good UK tv programmes! Am loving 'Afterlife' at the moment!
-Being able to get on a train and explore (haven't done too much of that, but intend to before I go back)
-The diversity of culture!
-The pubs!
-The pride I feel when I see the Union Jack - glad it's in the Aussie flag!
-JK Rowling! The girl has done us proud!!
-The greenery (when you get out of London)
-The frosty mornings, the smell of snow!
-Cold Christmas mornings

There are lots more!

I got a bit carried away! Sorry

Susan
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:24 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

House prices are so cheap

Opportunities are everywhere

No Immigrants

Great paid jobs

No Yobs

loads of nice weather

It's as far away from the UK as possible

Oh poop my rose tinted specs have just fallen off
Old Oct 25th 2005, 7:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Right at this moment??
The departure lounge at Brisbane International
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Any country that takes this Bl***y long to let a decent citizen such as myself to get in can only be good. No jumping on the back of a lorry in Singapore, claiming a home and benefits when I arrive!!!!

Genius!!

Huzza!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
House prices are so cheap

Opportunities are everywhere

No Immigrants

Great paid jobs

No Yobs

loads of nice weather

It's as far away from the UK as possible

Oh poop my rose tinted specs have just fallen off

Hate to point out the obvious don't you want to be an immigrant? Does Australia not have a migration program encouraging people onto its shores? Or are you just showing racist tendencies? Australia is very multicultural and will become more so over the next 50 years!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the easy going people, the fact that I can drive to where I need to go without getting held up, the weather, the scenery..........in fact there are lots of things I like
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben

No Immigrants
We ARE the immigrants here
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:37 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

this can't be right!!!

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
In Perth....

-VB (icy cold)
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:38 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Hate to point out the obvious don't you want to be an immigrant? Does Australia not have a migration program encouraging people onto its shores? Or are you just showing racist tendencies? Australia is very multicultural and will become more so over the next 50 years!
Whooooooooooosh !!!!

<that's the sound of Ben's sense of humour going way over your head>

Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:42 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
this can't be right!!!
What is wrong with VB?????

I mean, I like Caffreys, Kilkenny, Carling, Guinness but when you're at a BBQ or just sitting in the garden (oops backyard!) after a hard days work, nothing hits the spot like the cool refreshing taste of a Victorian Bitter straight out of the bar fridge!

Susan
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:50 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i remember being in a pub in melbourne drinking VB, thinking (worryingly) that it was the best beer that australia had to offer. this aussie guy walks over, takes the VB out of my hands and pours it down the sink (at the bar), and orders me a james boag's. there's never been any looking back since.

i just cannot stand the standard beers here (VB, fourex, etc) but have quite a taste for boags, cascade, hahn.

BTW, your last part of the sentence sounds like it was taken straight out of the VB advert!!!

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
What is wrong with VB?????

I mean, I like Caffreys, Kilkenny, Carling, Guinness but when you're at a BBQ or just sitting in the garden (oops backyard!) after a hard days work, nothing hits the spot like the cool refreshing taste of a Victorian Bitter straight out of the bar fridge!

Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.