What do you like best?

Wikiposts

What do you like best?

Old Feb 7th 2003, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you like best?

Hi there,

Just daydreaming again here on a cold winters day. Just thinking what I like best about being here in the UK and it's certainly not the weather! I think it must be family and friends for me.

What do you like best about where you live either in Oz/NZ or the UK?

Regards

Ginny
Old Feb 8th 2003, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Like you I am in Scotland

I love the views here it is a pretty country,
family,
sarcastic sense of humour we have
friends.
standard of living
history of this country castles etc
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

my roaring coal fire on a winters night, eating cheese n onion walkers crisps, while watching eastenders.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Probably the security of knowing we have jobs, good schools, nice house etc where we are.
On the other hand it seems a bit boring to us to want to stay in the same place all of your life, so we really must go for it.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:43 am
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Im realy gonna miss going out with my mates clubbing on a saturday night. The crack that we have is priceless..ironicaly im actually writing this on a saturday night when i should be out with them, but instead im staying in saving up....
Old Feb 8th 2003, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
Probably the security of knowing we have jobs, good schools, nice house etc where we are.
On the other hand it seems a bit boring to us to want to stay in the same place all of your life, so we really must go for it.
I agree with Tina

We have plenty of great friends, family, excellent jobs and a nice house. But is it all just a little too comfortable? On the other hand it is quite scary leaving it all for the unknown! Does anyone feel the nearer they get to obtaining the elusive visa, the more they start to panic!
Old Feb 8th 2003, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

well you did say what you like best in Aus too so here goes:

Early mornings - wonderful birds and cool sunshine kids still asleep while I enjoy a quiet breakfast taking it all in.

Quiet Sundays - Nobody is about on a Sunday morning its great. And we live in a big housing estate!

Scenery - There are some fantastic places around here that are so tranquil and not busy, great fishing too.

Sydney - A real nice place to spend the day with the kids and not have to spend a fortune.

Picking the kids up from school - they are so happy in their school, my son is a changed lad, it makes it all worth while when they are smiling when I pick them up and they talk about how much they love their school!

And one last thing - being my own person and finding out who I really am. Being the youngest in a large family I was always told what to do and was never allowed to grow up, I'm now nearly 32 and the move to Aus has definately made me find myself and be myself without critism from certain family members!

Mandy
Old Feb 8th 2003, 12:49 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: What do you like best?

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

Just daydreaming again here on a cold winters day. Just thinking what I like best about being here in the UK and it's certainly not the weather! I think it must be family and friends for me.

Regards

Ginny
The best things about Oz for me:
Lovely cool early morning breakfast on our balcony before the heat of the day kicks in.
The feeling of having been cleansed after swimming or surfing in the ocean.
Food glorious food.
Wonderful affordable red wine.
Driving through lovely national park roads in our MX5 with the roof down.

The best about the UK:
Genuine people and really good friends.
Family.
Financial security and quality of working life.
Affordable travel options and skiing.
Countryside.
Being cold and warming up in front of an open fire.
Good TV.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Best thing in uk; for me is like yesterday going to footie with some mates,having a drink before ,then after tottenham have bagged the points have another drink to celebrate the fact.
fav thing in oz:Early morning swim in summer at glenelg followed by an unhealthy bacon sannie and cuppa at kiosk on the esplanade while watching the powerwalkers waddle by. jockney
Old Feb 8th 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jamesy
I agree with Tina

We have plenty of great friends, family, excellent jobs and a nice house. But is it all just a little too comfortable? On the other hand it is quite scary leaving it all for the unknown! Does anyone feel the nearer they get to obtaining the elusive visa, the more they start to panic!

Hi there Jamesy,

We have our visas but one thing and another can't move for good quite yet. (ARGH!!!)

We are going to validate however in June, but you're right when we first got it all panic set in. (It's still there now along with frustration)

Anyone else having those pangs?

Ginny
Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:00 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What do you like best?

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

Regards

Ginny

I love living in our big house in the nice part of town.

I love saying "shall we go for a walk on the beach after tea?"

I love taking the family to the speedway on a balmy summers evening with a blanket and some hot chips watching the supersaloons tearing round the track.

I love having my kids and my husband all to myself.

I love New Zealand skies

Paula
Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
well you did say what you like best in Aus too so here goes:

Early mornings - wonderful birds and cool sunshine kids still asleep while I enjoy a quiet breakfast taking it all in.

Quiet Sundays - Nobody is about on a Sunday morning its great. And we live in a big housing estate!

Scenery - There are some fantastic places around here that are so tranquil and not busy, great fishing too.

Sydney - A real nice place to spend the day with the kids and not have to spend a fortune.

Picking the kids up from school - they are so happy in their school, my son is a changed lad, it makes it all worth while when they are smiling when I pick them up and they talk about how much they love their school!

And one last thing - being my own person and finding out who I really am. Being the youngest in a large family I was always told what to do and was never allowed to grow up, I'm now nearly 32 and the move to Aus has definately made me find myself and be myself without critism from certain family members!

Mandy
Sounds great Mandy,

I was wondering if you've been out there long? My thing isn't so much as to 'escape' but more to try and give my kids a bit better quality of life and give us a chance. Life is too short and there's a whole big world out there.

Good luck and thanks for your thoughts.

Ginny
Old Feb 8th 2003, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

been here for 10 months now, and still no homesickness, well maybe I miss my Mum and Dad a bit but they are coming out here in October so I look forward to that, and I catch up with all the gossip on the phone every couple of weeks.

Mandy