Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you do for a living

View Poll Results: What is your occupation
Tradesperson (brickie, carpenter, plumber etc.)
25.33%
Service (Teacher, Nurse etc)
18.67%
IT
18.00%
Professional (lawyer, accountant etc)
18.00%
Other
20.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

What do you do for a living

Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default What do you do for a living

Interested to know what the cross section of people on here is:
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you do for a living

Interesting way in which you have classed teachers & nurses as 'service', I thought I was a professional myself!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

I have been caught out by the nurse and teacher not being a profession...
Hence I aint 'voted'....
HKA
x
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

carpenter due out to brissy 15th oct
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MartinH
Interested to know what the cross section of people on here is:
why?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

Originally Posted by robert cowan
why?
advertisers need to know
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice

Is topless go go dancer classified as other or service?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stepbeanie
or professional?
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sniffydog
or professional?
Certainly verging on one of the oldest professions I would say
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepbeanie

I'm a lumberjack, and struggling also to choose an appropriate classification, but I'm OK.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robert cowan
why?

No reason - just filling in the hours between birth and death
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:12 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Interesting way in which you have classed teachers & nurses as 'service', I thought I was a professional myself!
I just about voted Professional because that's where teachers always appear on other forms. At the last second I happened to read the one that said service, so had to vote there instead.

A bit irked to have our professional status taken away!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by comet555
I just about voted Professional because that's where teachers always appear on other forms. At the last second I happened to read the one that said service, so had to vote there instead.

A bit irked to have our professional status taken away!
I also find the categorisation of professional occupations and service occupations a bit strange. I'm not sure why a teacher would not be considered a professional whereas an accountant would be classified as a professional I'm not a teacher by the way.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
I also find the categorisation of professional occupations and service occupations a bit strange. I'm not sure why a teacher would not be considered a professional whereas an accountant would be classified as a professional I'm not a teacher by the way.
When I first arrived in WA, I noticed in the classifieds in the West Australian that teaching positions are never listed under the professional category (separate pull-out section). It probably explains a lot about the poor pay and lack of political respect for teachers over here.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

i class myself as a professional so that's what i voted for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.