Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you do after you've received your pre-grant letter?

What do you do after you've received your pre-grant letter?

Old May 20th 2003, 11:15 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you do after you've received your pre-grant letter?

Just wondering. Should be sending off our medicals tomorrow.
What is the procedure after you've been told that you've been accepted?

Regards

Pookin
Old May 20th 2003, 11:19 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Open a bottle or 2, get very drunk whilst dancing round the kitchen then run round like a headless chicken trying to organise removals, bank accounts, house sale etc....
Old May 20th 2003, 11:33 am
Be true to your skew

Default Fab reply!.....but.....

....what I meant was, do we have to go to the Aussie Embassy. How do we validate everything?

Regards

Pookin
Old May 20th 2003, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I would like to know this answer to we are going for our medicals on Friday will have them back on Wednesday next week, not sure what happens after that. Some people on here get a pre grant other just here's your visa, I think the Australian embassy have to put a pr visa into your passport ??
Old May 20th 2003, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi,

I would like to know this answer to we are going for our medicals on Friday will have them back on Wednesday next week, not sure what happens after that. Some people on here get a pre grant other just here's your visa, I think the Australian embassy have to put a pr visa into your passport ??

When my hubby was granted his spouse visa we got a later saying he was accepted and to mail them his passport asap. We got it back about 2-3 days later with the visa pasted in it and an accompanying letter telling us when we had to be in Oz by. He didn't have to go anywhere or do anything.

All the best!
Old May 20th 2003, 3:26 pm
Be true to your skew

Default What to do when you get your visa granted!

Found this on an earlier posting......................

"When we applied for our skilled independent visas we sent certified copies of our passports.

If / when you receive notification that you have been granted your visa you then either take it to AHC and have the visa placed in your passport.

Or you post it to them. This, I believe, takes about 5 days for processing."

Regards

Pookin
Old May 20th 2003, 3:41 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do when you get your visa granted!

Originally posted by Pookin
Found this on an earlier posting......................

"When we applied for our skilled independent visas we sent certified copies of our passports.

If / when you receive notification that you have been granted your visa you then either take it to AHC and have the visa placed in your passport.

Or you post it to them. This, I believe, takes about 5 days for processing."

Regards

Pookin
You can make your choice depending on where you are - taking it you are in the UK (Pookin - Reading?)...you can make the choice of posting all passports to AUS house and the visas will be put in and posted back, otherwise if close...have a day out in London and get them put in, in person, just take your file number with you. Easy processing on the day and big smile and tears make it all the more fun!

Reading...my old haunt, best of luck with visas
Old May 20th 2003, 4:03 pm
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going in person next week.

School holidays and its going to rain. London science museum seems a good place to interest the kids 4 a while.

I will worry about posting them, all this wait for them to go missing in the post, my blood pressure cant take anymore.