Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you appreciate?

What do you appreciate?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you appreciate?

I was thinking tonight about how little things can mean alot.

After having a stressful day at college and an even worse bus journey home, I get to my little flat where my Gordon fat cat greets me at the door.

My flat is shabby, in bad repair as the landlord doesn't like spending money and it's small.

But when I get home, I don't see its faults.

Today, I get in, have a bath and for a few minutes, totally forget about everything as I try and wash London off my body.

Abdel and I had a nice meal together and chill out, the cat is asleep on the chair, and the TV is on.

I have just been looking around as I sip my steaming mug of tea and I have come to a few conclusions.

Its not how big or how nice your flat is, mine isn't much to shout about but it's clean and tidy and it's home.

And no matter how bad a day I have had, it all doesn't matter when I am at home with what counts.

It would be interesting to know what other BE members value or love about their house/life and do to destress.

Shabby flat? yes, home? definitely.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you appreciate?

Oh yes, I also love the sound of rain on the window when im tucked up in bed or even better, a thunderstorm.

And I love being snowed in when you know you should be at work.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

After having a stressful day at college and an even worse bus journey home, I get to my little flat where my Gordon fat cat greets me at the door.

My flat is shabby, in bad repair as the landlord doesn't like spending money and it's small.

Today, I get in, have a bath and for a few minutes, totally forget about everything as I try and wash London off my body.

Abdel and I had a nice meal together and chill out, the cat is asleep on the chair, and the TV is on.

I have just been looking around as I sip my steaming mug of tea and I have come to a few conclusions.

Its not how big or how nice your flat is, mine isn't much to shout about but it's clean and tidy and it's home.

And no matter how bad a day I have had, it all doesn't matter when I am at home with what counts.

It would be interesting to know what other BE members value or love about their house/life and do to destress.

I love to lie in a nice hot bubble bath with a glass of wine and a magazine and chill out to destress ... heaven.

Big kiss and cuddle from my six year old son also does the trick.

Jaymac
Old Oct 20th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I value my life because my mum had breast cancer and my dad had to have his leg amputated because he had cancer and my lovely sister in law died last year from leukemia it puts everything into prospective .i love my home because I had a conservatory built and my husband calls it my shed i come home from work put some music on read a good book its so peaceful and the odd glass of wine helps ,JANET
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
I love to lie in a nice hot bubble bath with a glass of wine and a magazine and chill out to destress ... heaven.

Big kiss and cuddle from my six year old son also does the trick.

Jaymac

I love a hot cuppa, a good magazine and to be snuggled up with the fire on.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:04 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

2, 4, 6 and 8
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
I value my life because my mum had breast cancer and my dad had to have his leg amputated because he had cancer and my lovely sister in law died last year from leukemia it puts everything into prospective .i love my home because I had a conservatory built and my husband calls it my shed i come home from work put some music on read a good book its so peaceful and the odd glass of wine helps ,JANET

Too true Janet, I appreciate my parents after nearly losing mum in March.

I just love closing the door on outside life when I get home.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:16 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I like coming home from work in the winter - making a bit pot of chicken broth and stuffing it down my neck with loads of crusty bread! Then sitting in front of the fire with a glass of wine cuddling my lovely big nobbly cushions (I love those cushions they are so cool) It just all makes the place feel cosy
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:24 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I love the feeling that I get when I shut the front door and my 3 kids, 2 cats and husband are in. I know they drive me insane, the kids for being kids, the cats for scratching the new stair carpet (grrrr) and the hubby for leaving his stuff all over (hmpph), but they have been the constants in my life for a long time, and I love them. I know that as long as I have them, everything will be ok.

Shirley

Sorry feeling a bit soppy
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:44 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
2, 4, 6 and 8
Good one
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:47 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I appreciate my daughter who is not coming to Australia with us and who would desperately like us to stay, but totally understands how much it means to us. When our big hiccup first came up, her hubby got all excited as it might mean that we were not going. But Gemma said that she wanted us to be able to go as she knows how unhappy we would be if we got turned down.

Silly girl, how could we possibly be unhappy staying in a country with her just 10 minutes down the road

Needless to say I also appreciate my boys as well, especially the youngest as he so nearly didn't make his 2nd birthday.

On a day to day thing, every night when we watch the TV,Terry sits at one end of the settee and I lay on the rest of it with my head on his lap and he then puts his arm around. I am often heard to say "my favourite place to be in the world is in your hug."
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:52 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I appreciate my daughter who is not coming to Australia with us and who would desperately like us to stay, but totally understands how much it means to us. When our big hiccup first came up, her hubby got all excited as it might mean that we were not going. But Gemma said that she wanted us to be able to go as she knows how unhappy we would be if we got turned down.

Silly girl, how could we possibly be unhappy staying in a country with her just 10 minutes down the road

Needless to say I also appreciate my boys as well, especially the youngest as he so nearly didn't make his 2nd birthday.

On a day to day thing, every night when we watch the TV,Terry sits at one end of the settee and I lay on the rest of it with my head on his lap and he then puts his arm around. I am often heard to say "my favourite place to be in the world is in your hug."
Aaaaw!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:12 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate things that make me feel nostalgic and sentimental
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:26 am

I tried ever so hard to appreciate my fat ginger cat this morning, but he has destroyed yet another towel.

He has denied all involvement but the threads stuck to his poo in the litter tray tell another story.

Not content with that, he has chewed a hole in Abdels clean socks this morning.

I am looking at him now as I am snuggled on the sofa, its raining outside and Gordon looks gorgeous.

I have to leave in a min to go to Uni, and I am appreciating in the fact that i will make the most of the last five minutes before I brave British weather and our beloved London buses.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:41 am
Floribean in wait

oshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the rough

I love, love, love my house and my dad is selling it!!!!!!!!!!! He wanted a new house and has bought one and our's in on the market while he does a few modifications to the new house. I am trying to convince him and my mum to move to the new house, so I can stay in our house as long as possible. Our house is nice and cosy and comfy and it feels so safe.

Once I'm in that front door I know everything's gonna be alright. Sad I know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.