Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what to do when visa approved

what to do when visa approved

Old Dec 28th 2001, 8:10 pm
jet
Forum Regular

jet will become famous soon enough

Hi, I am being a bit previous as my application has only just been submitted but does anyone have any information of websites or books I could purchase once my visa has been approved. What I am after is advice on who to inform that I am leaving the country ie Pension office, Doctor, Government etc. Then how I go about registering with a new doctor..do I take my medical notes over with me or will new doctor apply for them? Then once I get to Australia who needs to know I am there and how soon can I start to work. I know there are a lot of things to sort out and it would be so good to get advice from people going through the motion at the moment. I will be moving to Australia from England, if that is any help in what I need to do..Thanks in advance Debs
Old Dec 28th 2001, 9:35 pm
Mandy

Hi Debs, we just got our visa through, hope you don't have to wait too long. I got a
lot of information from the internet, just by doing searches and browsing - its
amazing what you can find out - anyway, I also bought a book called 'living and
working in Australia' which I got from Amazon.co.uk. This book has quite a lot of
information about the Australia kind of things including what to do when you first
get there etc. Good luck with your application, Mandy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 29th 2001, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough

Found this link down the line in one of the threads on this forum. Should be helpful for you, Jet.

http://www.one-stopwa.com/

Cheers