Reload this Page >

what to do with uk loan

what to do with uk loan

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

angelajane75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what to do with uk loan

hi all

does anyone have any ideas about what to do with the UK loan i have, when i move to OZ. i cant afford to pay it off before i go, as i'v only had it a year, and would cost me too much in early payment charges.

i'v read that some of you have kept your uk bank accounts open, so can i do this and just continue paying off the loan till its finished? will the bank and lender let me do this?

and can i put both loan and bank account in Oz address or will i have to ask my family if i can put it in their address.

hope you can help

ang
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what to do with uk loan

Originally Posted by angelajane75
hi all

does anyone have any ideas about what to do with the UK loan i have,
Keep your UK bank account, transfer money from OZ to it and pay your loan off.

Changing your account mailing address should not be any problem, but you may need to check your loan terms and conditions first. Alternatively if the bank provides for email statements/bills then opt for that no need to change your address.

When you have paid your loan off, keep you bank account. You may return at some point or need the use of the account at a later date.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

angelajane75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what to do with uk loan

Originally Posted by shorrock
Keep your UK bank account, transfer money from OZ to it and pay your loan off.

Changing your account mailing address should not be any problem, but you may need to check your loan terms and conditions first. Alternatively if the bank provides for email statements/bills then opt for that no need to change your address.

When you have paid your loan off, keep you bank account. You may return at some point or need the use of the account at a later date.
thanks Shorrock, sounds very sensible.

cant believe there is so much to do!
thanks again