Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do they want to prove work experience?

What do they want to prove work experience?

Old Nov 4th 2002, 10:57 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default What do they want to prove work experience?

Just going through the form, and noticed that they want proof of work experience for the last 12months out of 18. I'm guessing that a copy of my C.V. wouldn't be enough - what do you think they want? I'm not keen on asking my current boss for a letter (been here a year), as I'd rather they not know my intentions just yet. Any advice from those who have been there, done that?
Ta,
Wanderlust.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope. Your CV will not be enough. You need employment references that need enough detail to show that you have been employed in any of the occupations in part 6 of the skilled migration booklet for 12 out of the 18 months (60 point skill). Or 2 out of 3 years for 40/50 point skill.

You could try and make out the letter is for something else (application to a professional association?) instead of letting on to your employer that it's for a visa app.

Hope it works out.
Karl.
Old Nov 4th 2002, 8:02 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

i asked a senior colleague to do my reference for me. i trust her discretion completely.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 7:46 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. You've given me some good ideas!
Old Nov 5th 2002, 10:23 am
shellypuss

Default Re: What do they want to prove work experience?

Dear W,

We had the same problem.

On the advice of our agent, my hubby supplied a statutory declaration outlining why he did not want his employers to know his intentions and backed it up with copy of cotract, training schedules ect but what our agent did not tell us is that when it comes to the all important decision bit they still require a detailed ref from your employer so my hubby had to tell them anyway and it just held us up.

But at least it buys you at bit of time before you have to tell your boss I suppose

Regards,

Shellypuss

Old Nov 5th 2002, 10:42 am
shellypuss

Default Re: What do they want to prove work experience?

Dear W,

Also we asked Hubbys employer for a ref saying it was for another purpose and we submitted it - but they still came back and said it was not detailed enough hence him having to tell his employer as posted above.

Regards,

Shellypuss

Old Nov 5th 2002, 11:09 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Default What sort of detail?

What sort of detail did they need in the reference?
Old Nov 5th 2002, 2:19 pm
shellypuss

Dear W,

They wanted to now all the basic like employment basis, yearly wage, employment dates, job title (but NOT generic) must be specific.

And then they asked for 5 different main duties with detailed explanations for each.

If you need to know anything else just ask.

Good luck

Shellypuss

Old Nov 5th 2002, 3:15 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Default ???

And what is it your hubby does for a living? Not trying to be nosy - just curious if it's a similar field - or if I could expect anything similar.
Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2002, 5:14 pm
shellypuss

Smile

My hubby is a fitter (maintenance/mechanical)

Hope this helps

Shellypuss