Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do they look like?

What do they look like?

Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:15 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't exactly know what auburn is, so it's still red for me
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Okay, I'll give you auburn. It's pretty close.
Auburn it is then - which co-incidentally is a suburb of Melbourne and I used to play quite often at Auburn Tennis.

Question - why are 'blonde' jokes so short?

Answer - so men can tell them!

OzTennis
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:22 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
I don't exactly know what auburn is, so it's still red for me

Auburn is a sort of brownish red as opposed to blondish red (strawberry blond) or orange red (ginger).

And we all have some red in our hair, so best not to judge!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by OzTennis
Auburn it is then - which co-incidentally is a suburb of Melbourne and I used to play quite often at Auburn Tennis.

Question - why are 'blonde' jokes so short?

Answer - so men can tell them!

OzTennis
Sorry for the numerous posts but I need 12 more for the 5 stars.

OzTennis
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:02 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Is it just me or does OzTennis look a bit like that bloke on that downunder programme last week, the guy who went to Tassy?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
Is it just me or does OzTennis look a bit like that bloke on that downunder programme last week, the guy who went to Tassy?
Nah, nothing like him. Except that he is male, which is where the similarity ends.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Pollster
Crikeys, that's upset me no end. Thanks for partly retrieving the situation Bundy. It's actually Robert Redford (in his Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid days) that I get mistaken for a lot.

Truthfully, I do get mistaken for Ian Botham a bit - except he now looks 20 years older than me.

OzTennis
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:16 pm
She's a bird, you know

Crikeys, that's upset me no end. Thanks for partly retrieving the situation Bundy. It's actually Robert Redford (in his Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid days) that I get mistaken for a lot.

Truthfully, I do get mistaken for Ian Botham a bit - except he now looks 20 years older than me.

OzTennis
No worries OzTennis. That man on the New Life Downunder programme didn't have red hair anyway!!!!

Of course, I mean AUBURN.

I don't look like anyone famous. I used to look like Anika Rice when I was a kid, but I soon grew out of it. Now I just look like someone people know i.e, people always say 'You look like my friend's friend' and so forth. I must have common features.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No worries OzTennis. That man on the New Life Downunder programme didn't have red hair anyway!!!!

Of course, I mean AUBURN.

I don't look like anyone famous. I used to look like Anika Rice when I was a kid, but I soon grew out of it. Now I just look like someone people know i.e, people always say 'You look like my friend's friend' and so forth. I must have common features.
Anika Rice eh - used to like watching that Treasure Hunt program. Kylie has taken over in that department now.

OzTennis

Could be another thread coming - who do you look like or have been mistaken for!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

Anika Rice eh - used to like watching that Treasure Hunt program. Kylie has taken over in that department now.

OzTennis

Could be another thread coming - who do you look like or have been mistaken for!
I used to have a stonking great gap between my teeth - that's pretty much where the similarity ended. Wouldn't mind looking like Kyle though - but still keep my height. It has been said that I look like Angelina Jolie or 'that bird off the Scottish Widow advert', which would be great, if it were true...
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:41 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a stonking great gap between my teeth - that's pretty much where the similarity ended. Wouldn't mind looking like Kyle though - but still keep my height. It has been said that I look like Angelina Jolie or 'that bird off the Scottish Widow advert', which would be great, if it were true...
my twins shout ''mummy'' when they see Podgypossum's picture on the computer!!

sue
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

OZT I have reviewed your piccie and it does look red to me- nothing wrong with that though- we sound a bit Nazi like on here at the moment!!

At least you were brave enough to post your pic. I was going to put you out of your misery, but just realised I have not left any of my software out for my camera so I can't upload pictures ( using SIL PC at the moment). After all the thoughts that I am petite and blond I don't want to shatter everyones illusions when they see I am big, brown and Amazon-like You will just have to wait a few more weeks until I am tanned and gorgeous then I will post a piccie!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:17 pm
Badge

Bundy - you do look like the Sheila off the Scottish Widows advert.

Tinaj - kind of looks like you fav teacher when you think back to school (does that make sense!!??) The sort you probably called 'Mum' by mistake.

Me - yes - I am short and stocky, but blonde.

I have been compared at different times to all sorts : lead singer from Brother Beyond (in the 1980s), Tom Cruise, (at various times, most recently by my fiancee's mother) Christian Slater (early 1990s), Ronan Keating (late 90s), a famous jockey whose name now escapes me, Michael Owen (on holiday in Morocco, 2000) the list just goes on and on..even the tall lanky git on Blue Peter - John Leslie..

No wonder I am mad.

Badge

Old Dec 17th 2003, 5:48 pm
WBB

Originally posted by badgersmount

Tinaj - kind of looks like you fav teacher when you think back to school (does that make sense!!??) The sort you probably called 'Mum' by mistake.

I have been compared at different times to all sorts : lead singer from Brother Beyond (in the 1980s), Tom Cruise, (at various times, most recently by my fiancee's mother) Christian Slater (early 1990s), Ronan Keating (late 90s), a famous jockey whose name now escapes me, Michael Owen (on holiday in Morocco, 2000) the list just goes on and on..even the tall lanky git on Blue Peter - John Leslie..

No wonder I am mad.

Badge

never had you down as a blonde bimbo badge

for some reason i had a vision of you being a long haired surfer type dude.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount

No wonder I am mad.

Badge

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.