Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do they do to you at the medical?

What do they do to you at the medical?

Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face What do they do to you at the medical?

My family and I are due to have our medicals on Tuesday, what do they do to you apart from the x-ray and the blood test? Have been reading the thread about wearing decent underwear :scared: Should I wear my Trinny and Suzannah magic pants? Why do they need to look at your underwear? what do they do????? Help should I go shopping tomorrow?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do they do to you at the medical?

Originally Posted by Pink & Fluffy
My family and I are due to have our medicals on Tuesday, what do they do to you apart from the x-ray and the blood test? Have been reading the thread about wearing decent underwear :scared: Should I wear my Trinny and Suzannah magic pants? Why do they need to look at your underwear? what do they do????? Help should I go shopping tomorrow?

It's nothing. Some of them say to strip to underwear, others don't. They will want to listen to your chest and they may feel the artery at the top of your leg. Other than that it's just eyes, hearing, weight, height etc.

Nothing to panic about
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Well the blokes will need to do the cough cough test (so ask the doc to warm his hands up)

Otherwise, you will be asked to strip naked and walk up and down a line that the doc lays on the floor. This tests your gyro ability.

Nothing else to worry about though
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Well the blokes will need to do the cough cough test (so ask the doc to warm his hands up)

Otherwise, you will be asked to strip naked and walk up and down a line that the doc lays on the floor. This tests your gyro ability.

Nothing else to worry about though
So no point underwear shopping then?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

So no point underwear shopping then?
Well you could buy something that is easy to remove, maybe something with velcro on it?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
It's nothing. Some of them say to strip to underwear, others don't. They will want to listen to your chest and they may feel the artery at the top of your leg. Other than that it's just eyes, hearing, weight, height etc.

Nothing to panic about
Why will they want to feel my artery? Will they not be able to see it works by the fact that I still have a leg?
Have just had my vision corrected by laser, do you think this will cause any problems???
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Why will they want to feel my artery? Will they not be able to see it works by the fact that I still have a leg?

PMSL - I've no idea why they do that
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Well you could buy something that is easy to remove, maybe something with velcro on it?
Poppers would be even better, with a big breath out wouldn't even need to use hands Pop right off!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Poppers would be even better, with a big breath out wouldn't even need to use hands Pop right off!

He didn't feel my artery.

He felt my breasts though.

Gosh, is that the time?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:56 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Just panic, if when naked, the doc asks you to bend over and grasp your ankles! :scared:
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
PMSL - I've no idea why they do that
Thanks for the reply, suppose I will find out on Tuesday :scared:
Any idea what they do with the children? they are aged 2 and 3 they are bad enough just going to our GP! Will I need to take their baby record books with me, do they get info from your GP, hospital etc?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
He didn't feel my artery.

He felt my breasts though.

Gosh, is that the time?
No? Really? :scared:
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

No? Really? :scared:

Yes, really. It was ok. One arm behind head, he did the usual 'round and round' thing to check for lumps. It wasn't bad.
I don't know if everyone had this done ... different docs seem to check different things.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
Yes, really. It was ok. One arm behind head, he did the usual 'round and round' thing to check for lumps. It wasn't bad.
I don't know if everyone had this done ... different docs seem to check different things.
Oh ok , what kind of questions do they ask, how many years worth of medical history do you have to give them??
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

Oh ok , what kind of questions do they ask, how many years worth of medical history do you have to give them??

He asked me if I could touch my toes, and as I got up to do it, he told me I didn't have to do it .... He just ticked off a list ... the usual stuff about parent's health, anyone had heart attack in the family, all that sort of regular stuff.
Same sort of questions when you fill in pretty much anything.

It was easy and I was only in there for 10 minutes. Simple.

Just remember to take the right paperwork with you. I didn't so it caused me delays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.