Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do people intend to do when they get there?

What do people intend to do when they get there?

Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

I probably going to work intially in a sales mgmt job for the large IT company I work for here, though I don't really want to. The money is good but genrally I don't enjoy the work and am keen to do something I'm more motivated in. I have an idea for my own biz I am keen to pursue but with the with the move and everything it seems more sensible to take the job and have a bit of structure in the short term at least. I think we will gamble some of the money from the house and go for the business idea with the current plan to maybe intially do this on the side starting on a smaller scale with slightly less risk. We'll see. I have been known to do stupid and rash things in the past and probably am on the verge of doing it again if I'm not careful.

cheers

James
Old Jul 15th 2003, 10:29 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that will fund my15 acres, 5 bedroom house with pool, spa, ducted air/ heating, ducted vacuume, smart wired, green home! Oh and my several horses of course
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Hubby is a Joiner but would like to either be a fireman or a football coach.

I love my job as a Business Analyst so would look for something buisnessy wise. I hope to volunteer to be a lifeguard as well in my spare time. I may do the quals to teach swimming this is something I would like to do also. Or be a Yoga teacher.

My ideal job would be to be able to be good enough to teach surfing.

I will do anything within reason, it takes to make ends meet. No funny comments.

We will just see how it goes.

Carrianne
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:39 pm
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point

we're with u h garrett.
15 acres, stables, horses, 'inground' pool, dam, 5 bedrooms, wrap around verandas etc take a lot of looking after.
Looking at prices our 4 bed bungalow here will buy something like the above around Brisbane, so only poor old hubby will have to work (hopefully in a different field to his current occupation) while I become accustomed to the lifestyle I should have been enjoying all these years.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do people intend to do when they get there?

Originally posted by Pookin
That is one gorgeous motor, Rach! Best of luck to you, too.
Thanks pookin! its my pride and joy second to my daughter of course!
rach
Old Jul 16th 2003, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: What do people intend to do when they get there?

Originally posted by southerner
Rach

I remember that Jeep from the meetup in Hampshire.

Are you taking it with you?

Southerner
Hi Fellow Southerner!
yes i was at the meetup in Hants!
i really want to take 'her' with me but hubby hates her, hence why he sat in the back all the way home to Poole! i suppose i could try and get round him by saying that Jap parts are really cheap in OZ!
best regards
rach
Old Jul 16th 2003, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Lynnj

Originally posted by lynnj
Rach

i use to have a vitara just like yours, i loved it but unfortunately it had to go when our 2nd little boy came along as i couldnt get a doubly buggy in it, my husband hated it especially when he was drunk as i made him sit in the back and he said it felt as though the soft top was sucking his brains out!

anyway when we get to perth i expect my husband to be stocking the shelves in coles as IT jobs are a bit hens teeth like and i will be doing what i do here, giving ladies lovely nails, nail art, body art, airbrush tanning and make-up.......hopefully!
Hi lynn
its my first Vitara and i love it, the colour, the fun element everything about 'her' i did have a Golf GTI 2litre but got fed up with it and wanted a change! hubby thinks im having a mid life crisis and will only get in 'her' if he has to!
anyway all the very best in Perth,
regards
rach