Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do in Noosa

What to do in Noosa

Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:18 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to do in Noosa

To help inject a bit of lightness and frivolity back into the forum (it is nearly the weekend after all), can anyone recommend what to do and see when in Noosa for a few days. I would like to do some soft-roading and would also like to go to Fraser Island, but with two small children. Any tips?
Old Mar 28th 2003, 1:24 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Talking Re: What to do in Noosa

Originally posted by jayr
To help inject a bit of lightness and frivolity back into the forum (it is nearly the weekend after all), can anyone recommend what to do and see when in Noosa for a few days. I would like to do some soft-roading and would also like to go to Fraser Island, but with two small children. Any tips?
Hire a boat and mess about on the river. Good fun, except we had too many beers and my James Bond driving style meant the propeller smashed on the rocks in the shallows. Expensive day out that, but worth it!
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:01 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do in Noosa

Champagne Pools on Fraser Island, having stopped at Indian Head to see the dolphins and sharks in the crystal clear waters below - definitely worth doing and since you need to camp there, cheap too, maybe need to hire 4WD. if you don't have one. Watch the dingoes with the kids - they are bold and can bite. Fraser Island was a highlight for me.

Noosa - just the beach you trek out to past the Eucalyptus forest (with a few koala if you are hawk-eyed) is great. Watch out for pug ugly nudists.

Cheers - Don
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Champagne Pools on Fraser Island, having stopped at Indian Head to see the dolphins and sharks in the crystal clear waters below - definitely worth doing and since you need to camp there, cheap too, maybe need to hire 4WD. if you don't have one. Watch the dingoes with the kids - they are bold and can bite. Fraser Island was a highlight for me.

Noosa - just the beach you trek out to past the Eucalyptus forest (with a few koala if you are hawk-eyed) is great. Watch out for pug ugly nudists.

Cheers - Don
Damn! Missed the nudies on our last visit - will be going up there again soon, give us a bit more info. and we might get to have a laugh this time!
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:11 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommiesheila
Damn! Missed the nudies on our last visit - will be going up there again soon, give us a bit more info. and we might get to have a laugh this time!
Far end of Alexandria Bay. But why is it most nudists are 65-80 wrinkly pervs (or look like it when your toddlers are on the beach)? All the nubile 20-30 year old beauties must be busy putting on makeup or something.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Far end of Alexandria Bay. But why is it most nudists are 65-80 wrinkly pervs (or look like it when your toddlers are on the beach)? All the nubile 20-30 year old beauties must be busy putting on makeup or something.
Damn again!!! and there was me thinking of the lifeguards....
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I don't know if this is practical with young children - but take a walk around the Noosa national park, around the path which runs along the sea - you can walk as far as you want , or as little. It goes for a few miles - it's beautiful. The carpark near the info building , has a resident Koala up on of their trees (wild) - last time I went - I poked him with the end my fishing rod (I just lightly tapped him - didn't really poke him! - he didn't even move - don't do much these Koalas do they)

cheers
Old Mar 28th 2003, 6:53 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ceri
I don't know if this is practical with young children - but take a walk around the Noosa national park, around the path which runs along the sea - you can walk as far as you want , or as little. It goes for a few miles - it's beautiful. The carpark near the info building , has a resident Koala up on of their trees (wild) - last time I went - I poked him with the end my fishing rod (I just lightly tapped him - didn't really poke him! - he didn't even move - don't do much these Koalas do they)

cheers
Ah yes, forgot about that national park! We walked for miles and left the crowds behind. I saw one of the finest things I've ever seen on this walk. We turned around a headland and there below us in the water was a huge pod of dolphins, including babies, playing. There were dozens of them, the most amazing sight. We sat there and watched them for half an hour until they swam off into the horizon. Lovely part of the world, pretty dam hot and humid in the summer though - better in winter or spring.