Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do with my rubbish after moving?

What to do with my rubbish after moving?

Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default What to do with my rubbish after moving?

Hi all,
just moved to the north suburbs. In my previous flat I was required too leave everything in the garbage room but this building is a bit dated and I'm not sure what is the best (council-friendly) way in Sydney to get rid of the empty boxes and the packaging paper.
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks
MAR

Last edited by MAR001; Mar 24th 2012 at 7:14 am.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with my rubbish after moving?

http://www.tomstrashpaks.com.au/ No affiliation or experience with them but I do like their ad!
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

SOrry I forgot to mention that it is in Sydney, but should I have to hire a company to get rid of 15 folded boxes?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I'd phone the council and ask. When we were in the Shire they had one man operated trucks so only bins were emptied and you had to put it in your recyling bin, however in Balmain we just put excess cardboard in a cardboard box and they collect it.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Or if they're in good nick maybe Gumtree or freecycle as free for collection?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 12:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you used a removal company they may agree to come and take the boxes away. Ours did when we moved over.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You might have a blue lidded bin to recycle paper and card. I kept our boxes and gave them to a neighbour who was moving. Some I cut up and used at my local preschool for modelling/collage.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Done! The removal company will pick them all..