What to do if

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Question Meds booked, need advice please

Hi all, I need some advice from those in the know. We are waiting for our Labour Agreement with the QAS (AMBO's) to go through before we can send our 47ES visa off. It was filed by QAS in early December i believe. Now i've been told that this type of visa can go through fairly quickly. Well we thought that we should put the house on the market (15th Jan) as that could take sometime to sell (excepted offer within 2wks) and we booked our flights for the 6th June along with three weeks accom at the Brisbane Holiday Village ( very good rates for both, hence reason we booked early). So then back to the advice i need, we have booked our x-rays and meds for 23rd Feb (only time they could get us all in as a family 2x Adults 3x Girls) We don't have a CO yet because we can't send the 47ES application off till Labour Agreement comes through (some reference letter and number to fill in on form). So what happens when we get our meds done if we don't have the file number or office processing the application noted on the form. Do you think the Doctor will hold onto the meds if i asked really nicely!! I don't want them sent off if i don't know where there meant to go. We can't sell our house to someone unless we know we are all 100% fit and healthy (you never know). So what would you do I know some of you will think i've been a bit hasty but guys we never though we'd sell the house so quick hence the panic re meds to make sure we're all OK. It's the only thing between us and our visa. PS Meds £90 x 2 adults £55 x 3 girls £32 HIV x 2 Hep B £27 x 1 & C £27 X1 (ME) X-rays £59 x 3. (2 girls under 12).

Last edited by Paraken; Jan 29th 2007 at 9:43 am. Reason: Change title
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds booked, need advice please

I'd not do anything until I got something back from DIMA (or is that DIC )

You need to ask yourself, if you didn't get the visa would you move out of your house anyway?

If the answer to that is yes then by all means go ahead and sell, but cancel your medicals.

If the answer is no then I'd pull out of the sale too.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meds booked, need advice please

Originally Posted by Wendy
I'd not do anything until I got something back from DIMA (or is that DIC )

You need to ask yourself, if you didn't get the visa would you move out of your house anyway?

If the answer to that is yes then by all means go ahead and sell, but cancel your medicals.

If the answer is no then I'd pull out of the sale too.
Hi Wendy, I've been told by QAS that the Labour Agreement should be through very soon. They said that once we've applied through the 47ES visa the average length of time to receiving the PR is 5 to 6 wks. The house will take about 2 mths till we exchange contracts (no chain). I'm just thinking that if we don't go through with the sale (I'm not one for letting people down) it could take a very long time before we are in this position again. The QAS would like me to start in July (2007) do you think i'm being realistic?