Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What To Do With House Sale Cash??????

What To Do With House Sale Cash??????

Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

ALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really nice
Default What To Do With House Sale Cash??????

HI Y'ALL
ANY ADVICE ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT!!!
OUR HOUSE IS DUE TO COMPLETE ITS SALE ON THE 30TH MARCH07. HOW DO YOU TRANSFER YOUR CASH TO OZ WITH YOU? IM A BIT CONFUSED COZ OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED MONEY OVER HERE TO DO YOU UNTIL YOU LEAVE WHICH IN MY CASE WONT BE UNTIL THE END OF JUNE07. I JUST DONT KNOW THE BEST WAY TO GET IT ACROSS COZ IVE HEARD ALL SORTS OF HORROR STORIES ON TRANSFERRING FROM THE BANK OVER HERE TO ONE OVER THERE AND FINDING OUT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE NADA IN THE ACCOUNT WHEN YOU ARRIVE!!!!

CHEERS ALI
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: What To Do With House Sale Cash??????

Originally Posted by ALI B
HI Y'ALL
OUR HOUSE IS DUE TO COMPLETE ITS SALE ON THE 30TH MARCH07. HOW DO YOU TRANSFER YOUR CASH TO OZ WITH YOU? IM A BIT CONFUSED COZ OBVIOUSLY YOU NEED MONEY OVER HERE TO DO YOU UNTIL YOU LEAVE WHICH IN MY CASE WONT BE UNTIL THE END OF JUNE07. I JUST DONT KNOW THE BEST WAY TO GET IT ACROSS COZ IVE HEARD ALL SORTS OF HORROR STORIES ON TRANSFERRING FROM THE BANK OVER HERE TO ONE OVER THERE AND FINDING OUT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE NADA IN THE ACCOUNT WHEN YOU ARRIVE!!!!

CHEERS ALI
Hiya

We have transferred most of ours to COM BANK - using HiFX

You can open an account with them and start to transfer £ into $ by pre-ordering the rate that you want it to go at - once it reaches that rate, HiFX send email to confirm and paperwork is completed. It takes about a week to show up on your Aussie Account.

Keep enough back for future costs and expenses and then you have to option of transferring balance at any point - We have Family over there that have kept UK Account and transfer when it suits them. There are time limits, however, regarding tax implications once you get there

Angie
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

ALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really nice

THANKS NEV_N_ANGIE
I'LL SEE ABOUT DOIN THE SAME. I WAS ALL PANICCY THERE, THAT WOULD JUST BE SO NOT FUNNY TRYIN THE DREAM AND REALISIN YOUR UP A CREEK WI NO PADDLE & NO CASH. I'M JUST ACTUALLY LOOKIN AT YOUR AVATAR OF THE DOG. IS HE/SHE YOURS? IF SO WHAT COMPANY DID YOU USE TO GET HER/HIM ACROSS?

CHEERS ALI

Last edited by ALI B; Feb 17th 2007 at 3:19 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

HI Y'ALL

CHEERS ALI
you could always send it to me would look after it for you it will be safe honest !!!!!

My address is..................

sorry couldnt resist
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

THANKS NEV_N_ANGIE
I'LL SEE ABOUT DOIN THE SAME. I WAS ALL PANICCY THERE, THAT WOULD JUST BE SO NOT FUNNY TRYIN THE DREAM AND REALISIN YOUR UP A CREEK WI NO PADDLE & NO CASH. I'M JUST ACTUALLY LOOKIN AT YOUR AVATAR OF THE DOG. IS HE/SHE YOURS? IF SO WHAT COMPANY DID YOU USE TO GET HER/HIM ACROSS?

CHEERS ALI
Hiya

She is called Floppy! And she is nearly 5 years old - we are using a company in Bristol to take her across - they are called Overhill Kennels and have been really helpful!!! It's costing just short of £2,500 to take her across - that all inclusive of Export & Import docs, Vet inspections, Flights, special box made for her, travel to airport, all kennel fees in Australia and we take her to Bristol 2 days before she goes and they introduce her to her travel container etc!!!

It's loads of £ but we are going through the route of the Labour Agreement, so the Aussie Navy pay for all other expenses/travel/Visa's/Medicals. We do get just short of $700 back when we get her there - not a great re-imbursement, but better than nothing!

Angie
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Ahh I C,

Ive Got 2 Dogs, A Lab & A Retriever & Ive Had Quotes Off Of 3 Companies And They R About £5500 To Take Them Both, So I Take It Thats All Right Actually Goin By Your Quote For 1 Dog. Are You All Set For The Off Or R U Still Waitin On Your Visa Then?

Ali
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
you could always send it to me would look after it for you it will be safe honest !!!!!

My address is..................

sorry couldnt resist

HA HA HA YEAH CHEERS FOR THE OFFER THO!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You can open a bank account here before you come with either ANZ or Westpac. Both have application forms on their websites which you download, sign and post to them.

Also set up an account with www.ozforex.com who will supervise the transfer of your cash. They usually give a better deal than the highstreet banks too.

If you're not sure how to use ozforex, just give them a call or send an e-mail and they will talk you through it, they are very helpful. The cash will be in your account about 24 hours after you make your deal with them.

Most of the horror stories about transfers of cash are from banks, whose staff haven't a clue. They tell you one thing then when you get here you can access your cash (Not all banks though before someone shouts at me )