Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do in England?

What to do in England?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road
Default What to do in England?

Hey guys . I'm an Aussie who will be heading out to England at the end of the year for a couple of weeks, and me and my friend are a bit overwhelmed by the number of places we could visit lol! She's English, but hasn't been back for a long time. We'll be staying with people in London, Liverpool, Cambridge, and driving through Yorkshire. Any suggestions for good places to see?
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default Re: What to do in England?

If you're going to Liverpool be sure to go to Chester and into North Wales. North Wales is beautiful! Or go north to the Lake District (National Park) Bath is a nice city to visit as is York. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pandanda
Hey guys . I'm an Aussie who will be heading out to England at the end of the year for a couple of weeks, and me and my friend are a bit overwhelmed by the number of places we could visit lol! She's English, but hasn't been back for a long time. We'll be staying with people in London, Liverpool, Cambridge, and driving through Yorkshire. Any suggestions for good places to see?
(Aussie who has lived in the UK for a long time here):

Plenty to see in London, Liverpool (well a few things), Cambridge and Yorkshire. I prefer areas such as the Lake District, Cotswolds, Yorkshire Dales, Peak District and so on to the cities but York, Chester, Cambridge, London, Bath and so on are well worth visiting. Just as North Wales is worth leaving England for, so is Scotland. Britain does history, natural beauty, chocolate box villages and so on very well. Good luck!

OzTennis
Old Jun 7th 2005, 2:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Worth keeping an eye on this, often special offers posted: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=80

Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Pandanda is on a distinguished road

Thanks heaps guys
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

I'd recommend starting in London for couple of days before heading for Brighton, great town! Then head west to http://www.longleat.co.uk (not just a park!) on the way to Bath & Bristol for some really beautiful sights.

If you still have time, head for Manchester and across to Leeds before heading back down to London for the final few days...

Also depends on how long you've got really!!!

Good luck.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pandanda
Australia House in London, I believe they have a great deal going for people wanting to visit Australia