Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do before the shippers arrive?

What to do before the shippers arrive?

Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:50 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default What to do before the shippers arrive?

I've got about 2 weeks to go before the shippers arrive to pack our stuff. What do I need to do to get ready for them coming? and what do you take with you on the plane?

Fiona
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do before the shippers arrive?

Originally Posted by Fionast
I've got about 2 weeks to go before the shippers arrive to pack our stuff. What do I need to do to get ready for them coming? and what do you take with you on the plane?

Fiona
see if this is of any use

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379337
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:59 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Originally Posted by BertieB
Brilliant. Thankyou
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:41 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast

Fiona
The first and last thing that you need to do for them is make them a cup of tea!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure they double check the arrival date
Masons told us ours would be in Brisbane on the 8th sept....we're still waiting

Good luck
Old Oct 6th 2006, 1:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Make sure they double check the arrival date
Masons told us ours would be in Brisbane on the 8th sept....we're still waiting

Good luck
I think it's down to "the luck of the draw" as our shippers came and packed up our house at the end of June but our shipment didn't leave until the end of July, for Brisbane.

Once on the sea, with one week on the dockside in Singapore, it still only took 32 days from port to port. We had to wait about 1.5 weeks to clear customs. Also, we tracked ours online as it was shipped with NYK lines.

The buggers broke my surfboard...which means I can buy a new one (needed a mini-mal anyway)