Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what do aussie women think of english men?

what do aussie women think of english men?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

sam260689 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do aussie women think of english men?

i know that in America the women love English accents...but what do the Aussie women think to us Brit lads?!?!?!

Do we stand as good a chance of pulling an aussie girl as an aussie man would?

I need to know these sorts of thing before i decide to move out there
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do aussie women think of english men?

Originally Posted by sam260689
i know that in America the women love English accents...but what do the Aussie women think to us Brit lads?!?!?!

They think we all sound like Hugh Grant and will be all posh.

The reality is that half of us sound like Becks (rough as guts) or have squeaky Northern accents.

You'll have a reasonable chance just on being different.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:21 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't sit on the sofa all weekend watching sport with a stubbie cooler in yer mit then it'll be a step-up for them.

My wife unfortunately lucked-out
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 11:39 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Well, I'm an Aussie girl who married a Brit boy - so i guess we think they're alright :-)
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:00 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi,
Well i married an Aussie lass and she says she would of never married an Australian as they all just lounge and root around and are idiots, ( Polite way of saying what I wanted!!!!)
But that is only one person opion!!!
Most seem friendly to us Poms.
Gary

Last edited by GaryVFR8; Dec 24th 2007 at 6:03 am.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BadgeIsBack;5700207]They think we all sound like Hugh Grant and will be all posh.

The reality is that half of us sound like Becks (rough as guts) QUOTE]

I always thought that Becks sounded quite effeminate.... (?)
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

If you manage a chat up line slightly better than "wanna root" you will probably do rather well. They have nothing in particular for British guys its just that Aussie girls have probably made it a bit to easy for the Aussie male who has become complacent. Of course this is over generalising. I did end up marrying a local.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:40 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you've got a brain cell....they'll love you mate
Old Dec 24th 2007, 10:26 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

But will they like an Oldham accent ? hmmm boo hoo......appen not.

Dave
Old Dec 24th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Would say a fair few would say British blokes only after Australian visa! and I guess a fair few would be very correct
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:28 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, the words 'easy as' spring to mind! Bring your shitty stick!!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Dec 24th 2007 at 8:32 pm.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Most aussie city gals would think you are ok, 50km out in the country , you would be considered a novelty.............mm
Old Dec 25th 2007, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Mate, the words 'easy as' spring to mind! Bring your shitty stick!!

It is a bit like that. But I wouldn't just put that down to the fact they're Aussies and you're not. They're less emotional, more practical etc.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:03 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

they love me...just like picking apples
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

If you're in WA you'll do well with the girls who have never been outside of WA before (a surprisingly high number) - you're a novelty! Add to that they have a negative perception of a lot of the locals, in some cases justified, and you stand a better chance than the local lads...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.