What to Do?

Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to Do?

Hi

Can any one help? My boyfriend and I were very lucky this Christmas and received a skiing holiday paid for by my parents for the end of February beginning of March. This was a very unexpected and lovely surprise, however we were going to send our 'front end loaded' de-facto application off to immigration during January.

Would you take the risk and send the application off before the holiday or would you wait until we got back from skiing and apply then? The dilema we have is that we need passports to do both!!!!

We intend on leaving England around June 2004 as fella's visa runs out in July 2004, is this enough time to apply if we did wait until after the holiday?

Thanks

Natbat

PS HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to Do?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Natbat
Hi

Can any one help? My boyfriend and I were very lucky this Christmas and received a skiing holiday paid for by my parents for the end of February beginning of March. This was a very unexpected and lovely surprise, however we were going to send our 'front end loaded' de-facto application off to immigration during January.

Would you take the risk and send the application off before the holiday or would you wait until we got back from skiing and apply then? The dilema we have is that we need passports to do both!!!!

We intend on leaving England around June 2004 as fella's visa runs out in July 2004, is this enough time to apply if we did wait until after the holiday?

Thanks

Do you definitely need to send your passports at all?
we only sent ours to the consulate in London when it was time to collect our visas, which only took a few days.
When we sent off the forms we had all the pages photocopied and certified.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Originally posted by Natbat
Hi

As I understand it whatever documentation is require with your application should be photocopied and certified as originals tend to disappear or are not retuned. You should only need to send in your passports once the visa has been granted.

andy thomas

Thanks

we only sent ours to the consulate in London when it was time to collect our visas, which only took a few days.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice, we have gone with it and shall apply when we get back from skiing and send cert copies.

Happy New Year

Natbat

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barbara 2003
Originally posted by Natbat
Hi

Thanks

Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andy for your advise too.

We will apply after the hols and send cert copies.

Thanks again

Happy New Year

Natbat

Originally posted by andy thomas