Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a dilema!! Can anyone help me please?

What a dilema!! Can anyone help me please?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:34 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy What a dilema!! Can anyone help me please?

Well, I should be happy as we have now been here for 4 whole years and I am thinking we really should sort out our citizenship!...

BUT

Our eldest daughter (18 yrs of age) had her passport stolen from a nightclub a while ago:curse: and having filled in the form to report the stolen item I now find of course when Im reading through the application for citizenship they need her passport number and visa grant number too
So, my questions are:
1, I know I can get her a new passport and have that as the passport number but how the heck do I find out her visa grant number???...and...by the way- which number on there is it??
2, Would they want her original passport number anyway?
As its Sunday and i can't ring anyone I thought i would post on here and maybe someone can HELP ME please
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a dilema!! Can anyone help me please?

Wouldn't her visa number be the same as the mail applicant's?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 6:38 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Wouldn't her visa number be the same as the mail applicant's?
well I have checked all the numbers on the stickers and they all look different!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvsie
well I have checked all the numbers on the stickers and they all look different!
Bummer! Surely if you got on to DIMIA or whatever the hell they call themselves these days and quote the main applicant's number, they will be able to let you have your daughter's number? Explain the problem. They must have had the same problem many times before.

Just had a look at my visa and the only number I don't recognise is the one running down the right hand side. The ones at the bottom are my passport number and my date of birth. The number on the right has two letters and then six numbers. I am the only one with a visa so I can't check the others.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa number is the one along the bottom before your name.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

What the one that starts with a V How thick am I