Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Wikiposts

What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Old May 23rd 2005, 1:20 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Thats it I have just emailed our first lot of references to Roger God I hope they are gonna be ok!

Now I wait

Kris
Hiya Kris

Don't panic! Roger is a gem!

Claire
x
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
HOW DARE YOU CALL MY HUBBY THAT!!!!
hehehehehe (thats my privilege!)

couldnt help it mate - soz!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:29 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hiya Kris

Don't panic! Roger is a gem!

Claire
x
Thanks Claire
I hope so I know he is fishing this week so not sure when he will reply.i just seem to eat drink sleep breathe TRA at the mo, i suppose i will be doing that until we get our visas!
I think those who are on there way should all receive a medal in patience along with there visa!!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:26 am
Just Joined

flynnyman is on a distinguished road

nikki wrote, Anyway, my Husband is a Carpenter/Joiner and we failed first time round because we only sent C&G certificate assuming that as he had passed this they would know he was a qualified Joiner......along with references to back up application.

Sooooo not the case. Failed on not enough independent evidence of training, so the paper trail began in preparation of Application 2 to prove evidence from over 15 years ago!

hi nikki you say he didnt have enough independent evidence of training, i have my c&g 1,2,and advanced craft in plastering, ive been plastering17 years, ive still got all my certs and indentures from my apprenticeship. Is this enough proof or do they want to know what else youve learnt since.cheers.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Steve
Thanks for that Rob has been a plasterer for 20 years no formal qualifications and the blokes he trained with and the companies I have found went into liquidation, at the mo ive just printed the page from the companies house website, Roger laws is guiding us so far and we have references from old employers which i put past Roger before I sent them now im just worrying there aint enough detail in them, God this whole process is a nightmare!
We also had a fire in 1997 so all our records of employers etc were lost im waiting for the police to provide a statement to say it really happened and hoping that will help!!

Good Luck with yours

Kris and Rob

hi rob and chris, you say robs got no quals and hes been doing it 20 years. my mates just got his level 2 in drylining hes been doing it 4 years, there is a way of getting the quals without going to college just like my mate, insidently level 2 in drylining is the highest you can get. Theres a new health and safety/ skills card coming out at the moment its a cscs card (check for it on the net) you need them to get on most big sites. The cards are to prove youve took a health and safety test and what skills and quals youve got. Now theres a lot of blokes in robs sittuation been doing the job 20 years but no quals, and usually more experienced and sensible. theres 4 or 5 different cards from trainee to manager all in different colours from red to platinum depending on quals, a couple of years ago there was an accredited period for blokes like yourself but thats ended. So what happens now is you have to be assessed by someone from citb, like what my mates done. someone will visit you at work ask a few questions get you to take a few photos send them back to them. nvq comes in the post and costs about £400 to get assessed but if your with a firm registered with the citb its free. go and take the health and safety test at one of the driving theory test centres (touch screen) then send of for your cscs card, also an extra qualification.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flynnyman
nikki wrote, Anyway, my Husband is a Carpenter/Joiner and we failed first time round because we only sent C&G certificate assuming that as he had passed this they would know he was a qualified Joiner......along with references to back up application.

Sooooo not the case. Failed on not enough independent evidence of training, so the paper trail began in preparation of Application 2 to prove evidence from over 15 years ago!

hi nikki you say he didnt have enough independent evidence of training, i have my c&g 1,2,and advanced craft in plastering, ive been plastering17 years, ive still got all my certs and indentures from my apprenticeship. Is this enough proof or do they want to know what else youve learnt since.cheers.

we failed first TRA - we provided hubbie's C&G certs for plumbing but didnt say he was actually trained on the job and supervised by qualified plumber. you defo need that information as well
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we failed first TRA - we provided hubbie's C&G certs for plumbing but didnt say he was actually trained on the job and supervised by qualified plumber. you defo need that information as well

cheers rooksie, you chose go matilda, ive been on there web site they look and sound very good. Is there a set price for the whole process and what kind of ballpark figure does it cost,cheers.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:24 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Thats it I have just emailed our first lot of references to Roger God I hope they are gonna be ok!

Now I wait

Kris
I have heard of some extreme measures to pass the TRA but rogering God ! ! !

R.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:32 am
Account Closed

cheers rooksie, you chose go matilda, ive been on there web site they look and sound very good. Is there a set price for the whole process and what kind of ballpark figure does it cost,cheers.

will send you a PM matey
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carruss
I have heard of some extreme measures to pass the TRA but rogering God ! ! !

R.
LOL!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there - my boyfriend is a mechanical engineer (or something like that!) and we failed first time. We couldn't believe it as there was nothing to tell us what we had missed etc. We spoke to an agent who made us painstakingly write detail, detail and more detail and get it signed. For each employer he had a headed reference and letter staying his exact duties, also a list of all training etc and a list of all tools used. It literally just was a case of putting any minor crappy little thing you could think of so they had stacks of (worthless?) info - but it worked - 3 months later we got a 60 points approved classification - best of luck.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:21 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Our failure first time was quite simple, in section 3 Apprenticeship - we ticked Formal Contract instead of Verbal Contract, and as we didn't provide a copy of a contract we failed.

We then turned to an agent who made us provide even more detail than we had provided in the first instance.
As the others have already said just give them as much detail as possible. Good luck.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:36 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Everyone
I guess I will continue gathering every piece of useless info I can!

Kris
Old May 24th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We supplied C&G Certificate along with references from suppliers and customers, then failed!

Our new application concentrates more on the period of training. We got a reference from the college where my husband trained detailing course title, length of time and course detail. We got a letter from the national insurance stating stamps were paid (as we had no wage slips). A detailed 4 page reference from the guy who trained my husband whilst on his apprenticeship. We also had to provide additional detail on the company my husband carried out his apprenticeship with (I think this was because he was employed by his Father).

Hope this helps.

Nikki
Old May 25th 2005, 2:08 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

We supplied C&G Certificate along with references from suppliers and customers, then failed!

Our new application concentrates more on the period of training. We got a reference from the college where my husband trained detailing course title, length of time and course detail. We got a letter from the national insurance stating stamps were paid (as we had no wage slips). A detailed 4 page reference from the guy who trained my husband whilst on his apprenticeship. We also had to provide additional detail on the company my husband carried out his apprenticeship with (I think this was because he was employed by his Father).

Hope this helps.

Nikki
Hi Nikki
Thanks for that NI is a good idea will get hubby to get on to them as they wont speak to me, Robs training is the hard part for us as he learned on the job alongside plasterers whom we do not even no thier full names or even if they are still alive, ive spent today scanning advertising/promotional stuff dont no if it will be of any use but makes me feel like im doing something!!
We have got his old subcontract employers references suppliers and customers so will keep searching for more evidence.(so much fun not)

cheers again Kris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.