Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Old May 23rd 2005, 11:09 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Hello
We are gathering our evidence for our TRA application was just wondering for those who failed the first time what did you miss out?
We are using an agent hopefully! but just thought those of you with experience may be able to give us TRA evidence gatherers some top tips!

Cheers
Kris and Rob
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:44 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you miss if you failed first TRA?

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hello
We are gathering our evidence for our TRA application was just wondering for those who failed the first time what did you miss out?
We are using an agent hopefully! but just thought those of you with experience may be able to give us TRA evidence gatherers some top tips!

Cheers
Kris and Rob
Hubby failed first time as Head Chef..... we were told that we had proved supervisory chef but had not proved he was a Cook first & foremost.... We took advice from an agent & found that we had omitted to include some of the training he had done 20 yrs ago (YTS, Internal Training, C&Gs) and had basically took it for granted that if they saw him as Head Chef then that would be enough for him to pass..... THIS IS NOT THE CASE! You need to show that you are competent at the very basic level of your trade & that you have worked your way up to where you are now; learning and accuring experience on the way.

Claire
x
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hubby failed first time as Head Chef..... we were told that we had proved supervisory chef but had not proved he was a Cook first & foremost.... We took advice from an agent & found that we had omitted to include some of the training he had done 20 yrs ago (YTS, Internal Training, C&Gs) and had basically took it for granted that if they saw him as Head Chef then that would be enough for him to pass..... THIS IS NOT THE CASE! You need to show that you are competent at the very basic level of your trade & that you have worked your way up to where you are now; learning and accuring experience on the way.

Claire
x
couldn't agree more
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:48 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
couldn't agree more
Hi there my luvvly hubby! Just telling your story again! LOL

See you later!
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:57 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Hello

Cheers
Kris and Rob
seriously kris and rob ...you need to get as much as you can ...i had to show my course certificate from my yts 20 years ago because i hadn't done an apprenticeship.....letters from companies house for a business that had gone bankrupt ...letters to say that the company i had worked for no longer held records for personnel and wages after 7 years etc including them with a stat dec to say look i worked here but this is what happens after so many years ...
our application i guess was 4 times bigger the second time with lots of cagolling from roger laws who worked for the tra for many years until everything was just so ....... and now it's in there hands and we are here chewing our fingers to the bone
steve
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:16 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

seriously kris and rob ...you need to get as much as you can ...i had to show my course certificate from my yts 20 years ago because i hadn't done an apprenticeship.....letters from companies house for a business that had gone bankrupt ...letters to say that the company i had worked for no longer held records for personnel and wages after 7 years etc including them with a stat dec to say look i worked here but this is what happens after so many years ...
our application i guess was 4 times bigger the second time with lots of cagolling from roger laws who worked for the tra for many years until everything was just so ....... and now it's in there hands and we are here chewing our fingers to the bone
steve

Hi Steve
Thanks for that Rob has been a plasterer for 20 years no formal qualifications and the blokes he trained with and the companies I have found went into liquidation, at the mo ive just printed the page from the companies house website, Roger laws is guiding us so far and we have references from old employers which i put past Roger before I sent them now im just worrying there aint enough detail in them, God this whole process is a nightmare!
We also had a fire in 1997 so all our records of employers etc were lost im waiting for the police to provide a statement to say it really happened and hoping that will help!!

Good Luck with yours

Kris and Rob
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Cheers
Kris and Rob
Hi

Have told this tale more times that I care too remember, so don't want to bore other posters with our sorry tale! Jonahs mummy (claire) probably knows it better than me!!! LOL

Anyway, my Husband is a Carpenter/Joiner and we failed first time round because we only sent C&G certificate assuming that as he had passed this they would know he was a qualified Joiner......along with references to back up application.

Sooooo not the case. Failed on not enough independent evidence of training, so the paper trail began in preparation of Application 2 to prove evidence from over 15 years ago!

To cut a long story short have sent in 2nd application with triple the info originally sent, we sit and wait. We were either very naive in the beginning or stupid, not decided which yet!!!!!!!

Good luck to all.

Nikki
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

couldn't agree more

tit!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
tit!!
I hope your dining room table is now clear............
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:48 pm
Happy Member

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi

Have told this tale more times that I care too remember, so don't want to bore other posters with our sorry tale! Jonahs mummy (claire) probably knows it better than me!!! LOL

Anyway, my Husband is a Carpenter/Joiner and we failed first time round because we only sent C&G certificate assuming that as he had passed this they would know he was a qualified Joiner......along with references to back up application.

Sooooo not the case. Failed on not enough independent evidence of training, so the paper trail began in preparation of Application 2 to prove evidence from over 15 years ago!

To cut a long story short have sent in 2nd application with triple the info originally sent, we sit and wait. We were either very naive in the beginning or stupid, not decided which yet!!!!!!!

Good luck to all.

Nikki

Cheers Nikki

Hope your second application flies through!

Kris
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope your dining room table is now clear............

kind of!!! i have taken our TRA evidence into solicitor and will be picking it up on school run later!! it will then all be plonked back on the table however!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

kind of!!! i have taken our TRA evidence into solicitor and will be picking it up on school run later!! it will then all be plonked back on the table however!!!
A step in the right direction!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Nikki

Hope your second application flies through!

Kris
Thanks Kris!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:58 pm
Happy Member

Thanks Kris!

Thats it I have just emailed our first lot of references to Roger God I hope they are gonna be ok!

Now I wait

Kris
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:18 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

tit!!
HOW DARE YOU CALL MY HUBBY THAT!!!!
hehehehehe (thats my privilege!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.