Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what did you do with your paperwork

what did you do with your paperwork

Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:55 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default what did you do with your paperwork

silly question i know, but hey, what the hell............

we are due to leave for australia next week. dont know what to do with our 'application file'. it's taken so long and so much hassle to get everything together, i am loathed to throw it away.

but, its a big rascal and heavy, so will eat into our baggage allowance?

what happened to your paperwork?

(this is a serious question, so no p**s taking please )
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:43 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what did you do with your paperwork

Do you need it any more?

If you've got your visas, then recycle it.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:46 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Do you need it any more?

If you've got your visas, then recycle it.
no got the visa
just scared to get rid of it incase we need it for some daft reason - stupid i know
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:48 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: what did you do with your paperwork

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
no got the visa
just scared to get rid of it incase we need it for some daft reason - stupid i know
Leave it in England with someone you trust and if you ever need anything from it get them to send a FAX of it etc.

R.

PS. What day you flying out next week?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:52 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Carruss
Leave it in England with someone you trust and if you ever need anything from it get them to send a FAX of it etc.

R.

PS. What day you flying out next week?
wednesday the 16th :scared:

how are thee?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:54 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I recycled mine. I think I kept my police report saying I wasn't a criminal, but other than that, I got rid.
Pointless to keep it if you've got the letter and your visa, but hey, if you like hanging on to things, by all means, keep it.
After a few months of it gathering dust, you'll wonder why you bought it all the way to Australia to recycle.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:56 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: what did you do with your paperwork

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
wednesday the 16th :scared:

how are thee?

Just fine thanks........and we fly on the Friday the 18th!

The removal company (Robinsons) are coming next Tuesday & Wednesday and then we are homeless too.

R.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:57 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by iPom
I recycled mine. I think I kept my police report saying I wasn't a criminal, but other than that, I got rid.
Pointless to keep it if you've got the letter and your visa, but hey, if you like hanging on to things, by all means, keep it.
After a few months of it gathering dust, you'll wonder why you bought it all the way to Australia to recycle.
true, think ill do what caruss says, leave it in the uk with the parents. tehn when they come over next year, they can get rid of it!!!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:59 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Carruss
Just fine thanks........and we fly on the Friday the 18th!

The removal company (Robinsons) are coming next Tuesday & Wednesday and then we are homeless too.

R.

we used robinsons as well, so did my sister. they are really good. they took our shipping on 29/6, dont know when it left the uk, but its due to arrive 27/8 - how good is that?! we are living at my parents at the mo! where are you off to?

so, friday the 18th. how are you both? okay about it?
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:01 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Has the file any info in it from your skills assessment? Lots of people here have written how they needed some of the "stuff" again when they arrived in Oz and were looking for work (e.g. transcripts, references).

I would leave all the visa "stuff" behind with family and take any skills assessment "stuff" with me.

Gina
Old Aug 9th 2006, 9:08 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Has the file any info in it from your skills assessment? Lots of people here have written how they needed some of the "stuff" again when they arrived in Oz and were looking for work (e.g. transcripts, references).

I would leave all the visa "stuff" behind with family and take any skills assessment "stuff" with me.

Gina
got everything gina. the thing is ive not got a scanner or anything, so would have to type out the whole thing (which i have already done once last year for someone).

think ill leave it with the parents