Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did YOU do on Australia Day??

What did YOU do on Australia Day??

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:36 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What did YOU do on Australia Day??

What did you all do on Australia Day? Lifes tough, but here are a few snaps of our day. I didnt get a pic of the mudcrab for lunch (which we caught yesterday), but the rest should give you an idea .

Bragging? Hell yeah
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-ausday4.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:37 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone for some beach?
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-ausday3.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Dagboy & the little Dagboys
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-ausday2.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Washing the boat - Dagboy style
Attached Thumbnails What did YOU do on Australia Day??-ausday1.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Wooohoo..Dagboy is a bit of a spunk!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Allright, allright..... just rub it in why dont ya!

I had an email from my brother in Brisbane today - they spent the day playing cricket over in the park, followed by a BBQ with the neighbours. How nice does that sound?
I cant wait!!!

W.
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by podgypossum
Wooohoo..Dagboy is a bit of a spunk!!
ROFL - Dagboy is alot of a spunk .
Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:52 am
WBB

great pics mrs d - the little dagboys look sooo happy.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you had a great day!!!
We went down to Byron Bay - ventured acroos the border! Very beautiful - went up to the lighthouse - saw my first dolphins!!! Fish and chips for lunch on the beach, nice wander round the hippy-type shops. Wonderful first Australia Day......first of many I hope
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Wanderlust, that sounds like such a typical aussie thing to do on Australia Day .

Billy, the big Dagboy looks pretty happy too if you ask me

Polly, Byron is lovely, if a little bit weird with all the hippies & stuff . Its a lovely part of the world, most easterly point in Australia (I hope the Bloke pointed that out to you! ). Glad to see him taking you out of the -10C aircon
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:18 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

what did I do australia day...tried to fone the D.I.M.I.A...ha ha ha I feel so stupid.....
Oh to have a boat and the sea and the out doors and the sun...Hate to say it but I am enyvious a bit at the moment..we have snow due in the next few days..far cry from your pictures..
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Dagboy & the little Dagboys

and the little Dagboys are sooo cute!!

Great stretch of beach, where were you?

sandy
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, Byron is lovely, if a little bit weird with all the hippies & stuff . Its a lovely part of the world, most easterly point in Australia (I hope the Bloke pointed that out to you! ). Glad to see him taking you out of the -10C aircon
I think it was me pointed it out to him actually!! We did walk right to the end, to stand on the point! Yes, bit weird, but I expected that - and if Byron is like that, what is Nimbin like??!
And yes, it was WARM!!! NO AIR CON freezing me to death! LOL
Lovely day out actually, I must be getting through to him!!

Peppi - don;t be jealous; see it as inspiration that one day you will get here and do the same stuff! Don't worry about the Oz House thing - gave us all a laugh though, you poor thing. Put in your diary by the way - Oz public holiday for Queens Birthday 14th June!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 12:37 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing happening here. Sat at work with boss from hell who made me cry (yes, me, the ungirly Bundy...it was that bad). Churning through financial reports, waiting to go home so that Australia Day can start in earnest - off down the pub with someother aussies to drink Bundy Rum.

Pollyana - don't taunt me with taloes of Byron! I love the place, even the mad hippies. That's where we were, lying on the beach just a few short hours before we flew back to the UK in Nov. Actually, a lot of the sand that I found whilst cleaning out the washing machine gunk was from Byron....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.