Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What did everybody wear.................

What did everybody wear.................

Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What did everybody wear.................

to their citizenship ceremony?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:48 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did everybody wear.................

Originally Posted by biggy
A 'I love Holdens' T-shirt?
Sorry, couldn't resist. I think smart but casual.
I had a search on google images and have a look at their attire

http://images.google.com.au/images?s...y+&btnG=Search

I'm sure you will look great
Good luck
J x
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:17 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I need to find and upload the photo - but four of us

Me - Jeans and a T Shirt, thongs of course
Hubby - Black Jeans and a London Irish Rugby Top
Daughter - pretty slinky dress and heels!
Son - Boardies and T shirt!

We had a whale of a time and the ceremony was pretty special, there were thirty or forty others in all sorts of attire from suits to casual.

Cheers
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Most people at ours were smartish. We also went quite smart to our ceremony.

No disrespect to Sandra.......but the few people in boardies and thongs there did stand out like a sore thumb......

Rudi
x
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:16 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Hopefully this photo attached......

We were done last Australia Day. I hope it's not as hot for you it was about 40 degrees - we had to move the party to keep everyone out of the sun! Not much consumed as we were all worried about the kids dehydrating and drowning when at one point there were 20+ people in our swimming pool!

Well done, smart cas will be fine.

LJJ
Attached Thumbnails What did everybody wear.................-were-ozzies-now-.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
A 'I love Holdens' T-shirt?
Sorry, couldn't resist. I think smart but casual.
I had a search on google images and have a look at their attire

http://images.google.com.au/images?s...y+&btnG=Search

I'm sure you will look great
Good luck
J x
Does anybody know if you are allowed to take someone with you who isn't being "done"

Last edited by Rosie Cheeks; Jan 11th 2007 at 11:24 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:28 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

yes you can but they won't be sat with you. They can take photo's etc and are invited to the buffet afterwards.

LJJ
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
yes you can but they won't be sat with you. They can take photo's etc and are invited to the buffet afterwards.

LJJ
Buffet? Now you're talking!

Cheers
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:09 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Does anybody know if you are allowed to take someone with you who isn't being "done"
The ceremonies are run by the local councils and can be very different based on local policy and attitude. Some give gifts and have food others only a quick drink and lamingtons offered. Australia Day ones can be run on local beaches and boardies and thongs are often de rigour at those!

The best idea is to ring your council offices and ask for the format of the day or find someone who has attended your specific council one recently.

For each of us being 'done" we were allowed two guests, for our council that did not include our daughter it was only the actual people over 16. We all four got the certificate but also a plant and badges.

I also very much believe it is your day and you should attend as you see fit. If worried about form check it out, If your individual style is important to you then dress as you please.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sandra
The ceremonies are run by the local councils and can be very different based on local policy and attitude. Some give gifts and have food others only a quick drink and lamingtons offered. Australia Day ones can be run on local beaches and boardies and thongs are often de rigour at those!

The best idea is to ring your council offices and ask for the format of the day or find someone who has attended your specific council one recently.

For each of us being 'done" we were allowed two guests, for our council that did not include our daughter it was only the actual people over 16. We all four got the certificate but also a plant and badges.

I also very much believe it is your day and you should attend as you see fit. If worried about form check it out, If your individual style is important to you then dress as you please.
Thanks Sandra, that's great info.

(But don't mention Lamingtons to Biggy whatever you do )
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:21 am

Thanks guys for the replies....as long as I can wear my thongs then Im fine haha

As for the lamingtons I'm afraid the can shove it lol

The lady from the council said that she would send us out a pack which explained the ceremony etc, so hopefully it will come today
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the replies....as long as I can wear my thongs then Im fine haha

The lady from the council said that she would send us out a pack which explained the ceremony etc, so hopefully it will come today
A pack, I want one too, I'm gonna ask
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The thongs are compulsory, they won't let you in without them
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
The thongs are compulsory, they won't let you in without them
I may just purchase a new pair lol
Old Jan 12th 2007, 4:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Wol purchased an all-new outfit for about $100 all ready for this Australia Day - but they appear to have lost our application and haven't replied to any communication for 3 months - so I guess we've been turned down!

(That's what comes of making any sort of "negative" comments................. <g>)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.