Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what a day...guess what?

what a day...guess what?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Red face what a day...guess what?

Well today started very badly, my husband who was due to return from Germany on Friday called to tell me he has to stay another week. Then my mum called to tell me my nan has passed away over night. She had cancer and it was expected but it doesnt make it any easier. Then 10 minutes later our agent called to say.....WE GOT IT!!! :scared:

What a bitter sweet day. Guess i will have to get drunk on my own. i can hardly phone my mum and tell her. She has enough to cope with.

So not exactly the way i wanted to find out. i wish i could feel happier. never mind hopefully by the time OH gets home next week i will be in a better mood to celebrate.

FYI we applied on a 136 MODL ack on 16th June.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:10 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what a day...guess what?

What a mixed up, emotionally charged day you must be having! Tears of sadness as well as joy.

So sorry to hear of your Nans death, just because she was so poorly doesn't make the pain less.
Congrats on what can be the beginning of a new chapter in your lives
Gillian
Old Dec 6th 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
Well today started very badly, my husband who was due to return from Germany on Friday called to tell me he has to stay another week. Then my mum called to tell me my nan has passed away over night. She had cancer and it was expected but it doesnt make it any easier. Then 10 minutes later our agent called to say.....WE GOT IT!!! :scared:

What a bitter sweet day. Guess i will have to get drunk on my own. i can hardly phone my mum and tell her. She has enough to cope with.

So not exactly the way i wanted to find out. i wish i could feel happier. never mind hopefully by the time OH gets home next week i will be in a better mood to celebrate.

Congratulations on your visa!!

Hopefully everything else will start to have a much more positive outlook.

All the best.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

What a rotten shame. Hope OH will be able to come home sooner to be with you.

All the best for you and your mum.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

You know what thought to punish hubby i'd have phoned himm and said we
didn't get it lolll
Sorry about your nan and congratulations

Jen
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear of your loss, but a HUGE congratulations on getting your visa - that was quick! Best of luck for your new life down under. Where and when are you planning on going?

Lynn
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

StellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura aboutStellaDave has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

sorry to hear about your nan, both my Aunt and Nana died of cancer, both were expected but it never made it any easier. It's hard now, but look forward to your new life in oz. Like you, I wouldn't have told my mum about the visa either, I'd wait until after the funeral if you can.

And congratulations about the VISA, not everyday you get told that a new life awaits you.

best wishes
Dave
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Just wanted to wish you congratulations and also say I'm sorry about your nan, it doesnt make it any easier knowing its going to happen. What a sin for all of it to happen in one day, as you say a very bittersweet pill to swallow. But wishing you all the best for your future life in Oz.

Nikki
Old Dec 6th 2006, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Sorry to hear of your loss, but a HUGE congratulations on getting your visa - that was quick! Best of luck for your new life down under. Where and when are you planning on going?

Lynn
Thankyou once again everyone for your comments. I still feel like im on another planet. :scared: Me and my 5 month old daughter will crack open the wine in a while. Im not bragging or anything but i can drink her under the table any day!!

We are planning on moving to Melbourne, Point Cook to be precise, on March 1st so not long!! Argh.

Just get Christmas out of the way and then its full steam ahead. Better make it a special one as it will be our last here for a long time.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:44 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences for your nan

Congratulations for your visa
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:08 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou once again everyone for your comments. I still feel like im on another planet. :scared: Me and my 5 month old daughter will crack open the wine in a while. Im not bragging or anything but i can drink her under the table any day!!

We are planning on moving to Melbourne, Point Cook to be precise, on March 1st so not long!! Argh.

Just get Christmas out of the way and then its full steam ahead. Better make it a special one as it will be our last here for a long time.
Hi,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your fantastic visa news and sorry to hear that your nan has passed away.

Hope the wine tastes good!!!!!!!!!!!

Vikki x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:12 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Bardies,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Nan .

Congratulations about the visa.

ws.