Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a cruel day

What a cruel day

Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default What a cruel day

It,s official in my estimation winter has hit the north of England.I work on a building site in Yorkshire erecting timber framed houses and the wind and cold cut through me like a knife today.I,m not joking when i say i,m aching all over from tensing up against the conditions and i forgot all about the fingers and toes i,ve got because i could,nt feel them most of the day.Those Yorkshire hills wer,nt very forgiving at all today,any body who works outside will know what i mean .

So all in all i,m looking forward to a little sunshine more than ever just got one more winter to go through.

dave
Old Dec 20th 2004, 5:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a cruel day

Originally Posted by chippy dave
It,s official in my estimation winter has hit the north of England.I work on a building site in Yorkshire erecting timber framed houses and the wind and cold cut through me like a knife today.I,m not joking when i say i,m aching all over from tensing up against the conditions and i forgot all about the fingers and toes i,ve got because i could,nt feel them most of the day.Those Yorkshire hills wer,nt very forgiving at all today,any body who works outside will know what i mean .

So all in all i,m looking forward to a little sunshine more than ever just got one more winter to go through.

dave

yes, that snow was rather fierce wasnt it?
i went out to the garden shed but did a runner back to the house it was so blinking cold!!!

Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Aw Dave, I feel sorry for you. It was so cold today it hurt my face just on a short walk between Christmas parties (3 in one day!). Never mind, maybe soon we'll be like other people on this forum suffering in the heat and wishing it was cooler!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:15 pm
Gremlin

dave
When I read posts like this it makes me appreciate my office job all the more!

Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Hiya Dave, Not long to go now. It starts to get lighter in the evenings again sometime this week dusk is about a quarter of an hour later each week from now on until mid-summer or sometime. You've hit the worst point of winter, its over half way now, and hopefully it'll just keep getting hotter & hotter for us all from now on.

Sue have a few for me! X

Last edited by vikk; Dec 20th 2004 at 6:41 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 6:41 pm
Cheeky

Hi Dave,

Crikey, Im shivering for you mate!
Like ya say this time next year.....
Also 'yule' need these.... and 'yule' be wearing one of these... and relaxing with a cold !!!!

Cheeky
merry xmas btw!

Old Dec 20th 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

dave

Hiya Dave

Although the weather is not as bad down here my husband can sympathize with you totally as he is a roofer, not a good in the winter top job in the summer

All the best

Sue x