Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the criteria for getting a mortgage

What is the criteria for getting a mortgage

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the criteria for getting a mortgage

Hi, we were on a temporary 457 visa for the last 2.5 years. We rented for the whole time, and it worked well for us - Only problem is we have moved a few times in that timeframe, because landlords kept deciding to stop leasing the property at the end of tennancy agreements... then you have to go through the stress and upheval and cost of moving each time.
We have just purchased a house now that we have PR.(Sale went through yesterday) This has meant that we can make use of the first time home owners grant and the stamp duty reduction in Victoria. I also feel like I know the area better now after being here for a few years.
I would not change how I did it. Renting worked for us whilst we were on a temporary visa.

Gina