Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What clothes to bring for Xmas hols in Qld?

Wikiposts

What clothes to bring for Xmas hols in Qld?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What clothes to bring for Xmas hols in Qld?

Originally Posted by spalen
Well said Mrs JTL...so are you a lady of leisure now? No signs of an early arrival?

Carol
Thanks Carol. Not quite a lady of leisure yet. Going into work tomorrow and Friday, and 3 days next week. Just got my hospital bag packed properly this afternoon.

There have been lots of signs of Coffee Bean wanting to get out - lots of kicking, turning, and stretching. Oh, may be it's just me wanting rid of her from my belly?! It's not fun waddling like Donald Duck every time I have to go from one room to another. Remember the grandmother in Kumars at No. 42? My movements are very much like hers. LOL

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Thanks you guys - just what I wanted to hear - makes the packing a lot easier and lighter!! Won't have to worry about spilling wine on best clothes now
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

For a night out in Port (we are 20 minutes drive away) in a good restaurant , ladies would wear a nice evening dress (not full length glittery ball gown, more mid length subtle cocktail) and heels are just fine - matching handbag / hair accesory / whatever is fine too. You will not look out of place. Men would wear smart trousers (the beige chino / linen type ) with smart leather sandals or casual leather shoes and a nice shirt. Lots of dressed up peeps eat out and are seen to be seen in Port. Obviously not the usual Queenslanders attire of thongs / bare feet, stubbies and singlet (and thats just the women).

For the rest of your stay in FNQ, swimmers, hat, shorts and CASUAL is good.

Have a great time!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent one Xmas in Port Douglas a few years ago and it was hot and at times very wet! The roads were flooded and the crocs came out in Cairns!! Our Daintree trip was abandonded due to the floods.
The only clothes you need are as everyone says are to keep the sun off and if it rains like that some good legs for running to shelter with!! We went for a very nice meal at the place where Bill Clinton visited and all there were smart casual but most of the other places were very casual. Mind the mozzies at nights though.

Last edited by DerekM; Nov 30th 2005 at 1:02 am. Reason: spelling!