Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Car you Got/Getting ?

What Car you Got/Getting ?

Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Car you Got/Getting ?

Was talking with a friend from Brisbane about getting a car when I get over - seems the European ones are epensive so looking to Asia - was suggested Nissan X-trail, Honda CRV.

Definately want something along this size (future expansion of family) but moving stuff around and getting around - any ideas suggestions ?

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:34 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: What Car you Got/Getting ?

Originally Posted by MikeMc
Was talking with a friend from Brisbane about getting a car when I get over - seems the European ones are epensive so looking to Asia - was suggested Nissan X-trail, Honda CRV.

Definately want something along this size (future expansion of family) but moving stuff around and getting around - any ideas suggestions ?

Thanks
We got a Toyota Hilux Surf in NZ, brilliant for all you need a 4WD for and quite economical on diesel too.

If you search this forum you'll find a lot of good stuff on 4WDs from Deedee.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Car you Got/Getting ?

Originally Posted by The Don
We got a Toyota Hilux Surf in NZ, brilliant for all you need a 4WD for and quite economical on diesel too.

If you search this forum you'll find a lot of good stuff on 4WDs from Deedee.

Cheers Don
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We initially looked at the Toyota Landcruisers but bloody hell they are expensive. We have had to look at something more reasonably priced like a Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero.

Definately want a 4 x 4 so will have a good look round when we arrive later this month.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Billabong
We initially looked at the Toyota Landcruisers but bloody hell they are expensive. We have had to look at something more reasonably priced like a Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero.

Definately want a 4 x 4 so will have a good look round when we arrive later this month.
I kinda like the toyota RAV4 (starts about AU$ 32000)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:08 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ssinnige
I kinda like the toyota RAV4 (starts about AU$ 32000)

We hopefully will get a Nissan X-Trail.

have a look at

www.discountnewcars.com.au

Lucy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

I'll be having a Toyota Rav4, did want to take my Vitara but hubby won't let me!
Rach x
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:05 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road

We have a BMW and a Golf here in the UK but in Australia we are going to look at a Nissan or Mitsubushi 4WD and try and use the vehicle to go bush as often as possible.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Try this link to help you decide...Australias best cars

I fancy the Nissan Patrol myself but not sure if I'd get the off road use enough to make the expense worthwhile. The big 4x4s look like they could be a bit awkward parking in city car parks.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

I've just bought an x-trail although I don't arrive in Oz for another week. It is one of the best of the SUVs and drives like a car. It is suitable for lightweight 4x4 and is more capable on road and off than the rav 4 and honda crv.
Prices are pretty negotiable in Australia, we got 10% of ours.

Best of luck

Mr Iggy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeMc

Thanks
Try a Kia Sorrento - hey are really good value for money. www.kia.com.au
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:02 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: What Car you Got/Getting ?

Originally Posted by migrantoz
Try this link to help you decide...Australias best cars

The big 4x4s look like they could be a bit awkward parking in city car parks.
Not really true: they make bigger roads and parking spaces in Aus and NZ.

Plus you can see better for parking/ reversing etc - high up and huge mirrors.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Loads of different models coming up here!! We have a Landrover Discovery at the moment and when we move to Oz next year would like another 4x4 but find the discovery isn't big enough. We have 3 young children and need the third seat in the back with more space (our Discovery is 7 years old so doesn't have the 3rd seat). We were told the Landcruiser was a good one but someone mentions here they are very expensive. Anyone know of a good, spacious 4x4??

Cheers - Sally
Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by igual
I've just bought an x-trail although I don't arrive in Oz for another week. It is one of the best of the SUVs and drives like a car. It is suitable for lightweight 4x4 and is more capable on road and off than the rav 4 and honda crv.
Prices are pretty negotiable in Australia, we got 10% of ours.

Best of luck

Mr Iggy
Iggy

We are moving to Perth hopefully in Sept and I was thinking of doing this as well. Is it OK to send a message asking how you went about it. It saves the hassle of renting and I'm pretty set on an x-trail. What model did you go for, think I'll go for the Ti.

Cheers

Gazza
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

In the uk I have a ...........Skip on wheels ( Volvo 440 - 12 yrs old ) and in Australia, I will be having a ...........skip on wheels too.

Fair enough, it'll be a 4x4, but thats because we are going to be really close to the unsealed roads and will need it for our trips, not because i want to look like a smartarse on the school run, like so many uk nob heads who clutter up the roads with their status symbols.

Nope, mine will be 10 yrs old, battered and I won't have to worry a jot whether or not the kids puke in it or our new dog poops in it.

Happy days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.