What car should I buy?

Wikiposts

What car should I buy?

Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:16 pm
blossom

Smile Re: What car should I buy?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
No, not 'like' in the UK, ten times more here

We haggled about everything, all the extras thrown in, well below the market price just for basic. They kept doing the back and forth thing, going into the back office to "discuss it with Nissan OZ Headquarters" to see if they would be allowed to offer such a low price.

After all the shenanigans, we showed them the price they quoted us on the web (www.discountnewcars.com.au), which was lower than what they were offering us now, and funnily enough, they didn't need to discuss THAT with Nissan OZ HQ.

Oh haggle till they squeak here

Cheers,
JTL
I sold new toyota cars in oz for nearly 4 years and haggling is part of the deals made. But bear in mind Nissans are easier to negotiate than Toyotas due to importation quota's,though things might have changed now I would suggest an X-Trail top gear gave it their best revues, but if you want to push the boat out the Toyota Landcruiser is still the top of the tree for resale value and reliability!
best of luck
from blossoms better half

Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:22 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What car should I buy?

Originally Posted by tosh27
I am looking for the right 4x4 and have found this thread pretty useful, in the UK I drive a shogun (pajero in Aus), what’s for sale that’s bigger than this, in the UK you can get a Toyota land cruiser amazon which I think is the biggest 4x4 over here, can anyone tell me its equivalent name in Aus or an even bigger bus, I want something with bags of power 4 litre ??, well that’s the family run around covered.

I am also looking for a good twin turbo supra, can you get tuning done in Aus like the UK?

Cheers Thrud
your biggest 4x4, here would be the Ford f350/f250 pickup in 5.3ltr petrol.or 6.5ltr diesel v8,s or the Holden suburban[gm} wagon in 5ltr petrol v8........... mm
Old Mar 27th 2005, 4:49 am

tosh27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by leejo
Now your talking!! Monaro GTSR

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vz/main.a...main/gtsr.html

Bye, Bye WRX STi!!!!!!

Hello, Millennium Falcon.

The legendary Mad Max cars - Holden HQ LS Monaro

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad...der/index.html

At 99c a litre who need to worry about fuel costs!!!!!

Cheers

Lee
Lee,

Do you know where I can get a spec list for the holdens, I am looking for something fast, or fast and comfortable, looking for 0-100kmh times, BHP etc

Cheers
Tosh
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Monaro is made in the same factory,as the COMMODORE using the same engines, part, etc .BY the same people on the same production line.And sold in the middle east, south america, south east asia, and soon to be china. ......... mm PS we don,t have Bogans in sth Australia, they are only found in Western Sydney.
Looks better than a Commapoor though. I like it anyway. You've got ockers in South Australia, so bogan-ocker, ocker-bogan, still the same thing.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:26 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Looks better than a Commapoor though. I like it anyway. You've got ockers in South Australia, so bogan-ocker, ocker-bogan, still the same thing.
Listen if you intend coming to AUST,you had better get your facts staight, or you will be, constantly "austracised" dont use the word ocker or bogan in the same sentance, you will refer to people of a lower eco-socio scale than your self, as FERALS. A word under stood in all parts of Australia. ......... mm
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tosh27
Lee,

Do you know where I can get a spec list for the holdens, I am looking for something fast, or fast and comfortable, looking for 0-100kmh times, BHP etc

Cheers
Tosh
www.holden.com.au ................... mm
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Listen if you intend coming to AUST,you had better get your facts staight, or you will be, constantly "austracised" dont use the word ocker or bogan in the same sentance, you will refer to people of a lower eco-socio scale than your self, as FERALS. A word under stood in all parts of Australia. ......... mm
Chill Jack. As a South African it is my natural born duty to wind up the Aussies at every opportunity, & vice versa as well. We need to carry on the ongoing competiveness between our nations. After all, winding up Aussies is one of life's great sports .
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Monaro is made in the same factory,as the COMMODORE using the same engines, part, etc .BY the same people on the same production line.And sold in the middle east, south america, south east asia, and soon to be china. ......... mm PS we don,t have Bogans in sth Australia, they are only found in Western Sydney.
bogan noun 1. a fool; idiot. 2. WA a lout or hooligan, especially of a particular social group noted for wearing black shirt and jeans. 3. Tasmania a rough lout or hooligan. In Hobart equivalent to a Chigga. [probably from Bogan a river in NSW] from http://www.macquariedictionary.com.a...t/slang-b.html
Old Mar 27th 2005, 10:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Chill Jack. As a South African it is my natural born duty to wind up the Aussies at every opportunity, & vice versa as well. We need to carry on the ongoing competiveness between our nations. After all, winding up Aussies is one of life's great sports .
I know that me ole,Skolly ................ mm
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn, i'm gonna totally confuse you now

We have an Xtrail, auto which HUP uses to drive to work and we use at the weekends for our "going out car" We have fights from the kids cos neither of them want to sit behind Dad as they don't have much leg room, but they get over it Its more economical that the Kia.

We also have a Kia carnival seven seater. This was bought with comfort and rellies in mind and seems to be my car! We use this if 5 of us go out, or just recently friends of ours borrowed it to take them (4) and our kids to the beach for the day (needed 6 seats)

I like driving both cars. The visability is excellent in both, as is performance (the kia is a beast!!) The Kia, even though not 4x4 has higher that normal chasis and enables me to drive it around most rough tracks/ driveways here, however in the rain the X trail beats it hands down. The Kia is manual and on shorter burby journeys feels a little choppy, but thats probably to do with the fact that the others an auto and its easy as!!

The other things i love about the carnival are the zoned climate control, arm chair seats, cup holders and tables etc (kid heaven) and the fact the side doors slide, no bashed cars on each side
Old Mar 27th 2005, 2:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ferals are more the dreadlocked hippy types that live in the bush, preferably near Nimbin. For income they tend to trade in horticultural items.

Bogan is a term for a social underclass in Melbourne term whilst in Sydney they are referred to as Westies. Ferals tend to leg it from the cities.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's in a name??

I think I am right in the following, but someone please correct me if they know better.

I think the word pajero is a marketing name gone wrong, I think it is the Spanish word for wanker and as a result you don’t see too many pajero’s in Spain or any Latin country.

Another more common marketing error is for the Toyota MR2. In France, MR2 is pronounced Merde, which of course is the French word for shit.

Strange but true and yet another useless fact graces this website.

I thankyou
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's in a name??

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I think the word pajero is a marketing name gone wrong, I think it is the Spanish word for wanker and as a result you don’t see too many pajero’s in Spain or any Latin country.
I worked for a large localisation company in Dublin when I was first told that. I thought it was our Portuguese translator told us that Pajero meant wanker, but it could have been the Spanish translator, or it could have been the portuguese guy telling us it meant wanker in spanish. Can't remember now.

I've never been tempted to buy one ever since, though I do shout it at their drivers from time to time

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Mar 27th 2005 at 7:20 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:48 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bondipom
Ferals are more the dreadlocked hippy types that live in the bush, preferably near Nimbin. For income they tend to trade in horticultural items.

Bogan is a term for a social underclass in Melbourne term whilst in Sydney they are referred to as Westies. Ferals tend to leg it from the cities.
Jeeza,s BP you have been here 5 minutes, we would consider you, in "south aust " to be a "Try hard" some one who tries to adapt to Australian, before they are ready ................ mm