Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What cant you pack when shipping excess baggage

What cant you pack when shipping excess baggage

Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default What cant you pack when shipping excess baggage

Hi Guys,

I have searched high and low but cant find a definitive list of what I can't pack in to the tea chest we re sending out.
I was sure I read some where not to pack, Wood, Jewellery, or shoes, but cant see why this would be the case.

The only bit of wood or timbe I want to take is a stick me and my partner found on our first date. , its clean, honest

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What cant you pack when shipping excess baggage

Originally Posted by philnorris
Hi Guys,

I have searched high and low but cant find a definitive list of what I can't pack in to the tea chest we re sending out.
I was sure I read some where not to pack, Wood, Jewellery, or shoes, but cant see why this would be the case.

The only bit of wood or timbe I want to take is a stick me and my partner found on our first date. , its clean, honest

Thanks for any help.
http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis

Make sure your shoes are clean, don't pack the jewellery in there if its very valuable, and declare anything made of wood.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Hi ,
The customs website will tell you what you cant take and that goes for shipping,luggage , the lot. As for youre little stick you found on your first date i would suggest you varnish it and take it in your luggage when you fly out and declare it at the airport. I had a similar situation whereby our wedding album is made of tree bark, i varnished it and declared it. They were happy with this and allowed it through. Theres nothing better than showing face to face that youre not trying to pull a fast one and youve done your bset to abide by the rules. if it needed fumigating i was prepared for that too.
What theyre worried about is any little pests lurking in your bit of wood that might effect Australias crops ,if you give it a good varnish ,this might help to seal it. It worked for me.
Sunbound
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Thats excellent thanks for that guys, the shoes are spotless and the Jewelery is not realy worth much. Any expensive is going in the hand luggage, and thanks for the advice about the stick, I will get it varnished and put that in my hand luggage to.

Thanks again

Last edited by philnorris; Dec 17th 2008 at 7:23 am.