Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what can I do to keep busy???

what can I do to keep busy???

Old May 20th 2005, 2:25 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default what can I do to keep busy???

Hi, when I move to oz next year I have no need to work as hubby said he will look after me but after a while I think i will get bored as we have no kids. I am thinking of doing a course in something but not sure what to do. I am quite ineterested in photography or Acrylic Nails or Child Minding but can anyone tell me which would be best and which would be most popular? I really need advice, I just want to so something to keep me busy and something that I will enjoy.

I will go out of my head just sitting at home looking at 4 walls and I think if I just mope about I will miss my family too much, Please help!!!
Thanks
Julie
Old May 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what can I do to keep busy???

Ever tried lion taming ?
Old May 20th 2005, 2:45 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Ever tried lion taming ?
LOL, Hi Bix, Not thought of that one, Im more of a pussy cat tamer but will bear the lion tamer in mind. I think your wife is probably the best lion tamer around to keep you on track

Julie
Old May 20th 2005, 3:23 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Ever tried lion taming ?
You're not offering your services are you Bix? Does your lady wife know? I'd watch out if I were you, you'll get caught!!!
Old May 20th 2005, 3:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You peeps wouldn't laugh if you saw the bruises I have.

But julie, you make a very valid point and I think you are quite correct.
In the majority of cases it's easier for the men to settle as they go out to work every day and get into routines.

It is much harder if you are sitting at home with lots of time to dwell.

Yes. you definitely need something to occupy the mind.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:34 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in Oz are you planning to go? I don't know this will make a difference over there, but over here there is demand for different things in different areas, so it would be daft to train for something and then it not be popular in the area you go to.

Hope that makes sense to you, cos I think it does to me, but you know how things sound different in your head than it does written down.
Old May 20th 2005, 3:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Have you taken the medication today ?
Old May 20th 2005, 3:50 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Bix
Have you taken the medication today ?
Yeah, but if you've got some more it will be given a good home.
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:52 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Whereabouts in Oz are you planning to go? I don't know this will make a difference over there, but over here there is demand for different things in different areas, so it would be daft to train for something and then it not be popular in the area you go to.

Hope that makes sense to you, cos I think it does to me, but you know how things sound different in your head than it does written down.
Hi ub40fan, we are going to Toowoomba in QLD. I know what you are saying and you are right, I want to do something that I will enjoy and be fairly popular too but what that is I do not know. I just dont want to be isolated and be all alone boo hoo . Do you know anything about Toowoomba and what might be useful to do? .
Thanks
Julie
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:47 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi ub40fan, we are going to Toowoomba in QLD. I know what you are saying and you are right, I want to do something that I will enjoy and be fairly popular too but what that is I do not know. I just dont want to be isolated and be all alone boo hoo . Do you know anything about Toowoomba and what might be useful to do? .
Thanks
Julie
Nah, sorry mate not a thing. What sort of thing do you like to do? Are you good with your hands and like crafty things? Stencilling and arty stuff, can you make things like jewellery or ornaments or something that you could work from home doing? Is there something you have always wanted to train for?

I have always done admin type office work, but 5 years ago I started to take evening courses and am now qualified as an Holistic Therapist (body massage, Aromatherapy, refelxology) and am also doing an NVQ2 in Beauty Therapy and am planning to work from home once I get to oz.

Have a think and maybe when you get to oz you could look at courses, good way to meet new people and learn something new too. Just a thought, hope it's not too useless a though to you.

Shirley
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

What about a career in breeding ?

That will bring in a buck or two Mrs Rabbit.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, when I move to oz next year I have no need to work as hubby said he will look after me but after a while I think i will get bored as we have no kids. I am thinking of doing a course in something but not sure what to do. I am quite ineterested in photography or Acrylic Nails or Child Minding but can anyone tell me which would be best and which would be most popular? I really need advice, I just want to so something to keep me busy and something that I will enjoy.

I will go out of my head just sitting at home looking at 4 walls and I think if I just mope about I will miss my family too much, Please help!!!
Thanks
Julie
Take up birding!

Then you'll be able to tell your bowerbirds from your babblers; your currawongs from your chowchillas; and your cisticolas from your cisterns.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:17 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Julie

I've got some ironing you could do.
Jim
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Or what about tracking down the missing ?

Sock hunter extrordinaire
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:31 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Bix
Or what about tracking down the missing ?

Sock hunter extrordinaire
I really must get my eyes tested, I was convinced you put stock hunter. I thought you were offering to hide for her!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.