Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is books are you taking to Aus, if any?

What is books are you taking to Aus, if any?

Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is books are you taking to Aus, if any?

Which books can you not part with, and so will be taking with you on your travels?
Mine are:
Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
both make me cry, but are lovely.

And what about music - think mine must be Coldplay - Rush of blood to the head - it has a special place in my heart at the moment
Cas
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: What is books are you taking to Aus, if any?

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Which books can you not part with, and so will be taking with you on your travels?
Mine are:

And what about music - think mine must be Coldplay - Rush of blood to the head - it has a special place in my heart at the moment
Cas
Hi have been reading some of your posts just to say Good luck. I am in the process of preparing for a table top sale tomorrow at childrens school, the idea being a decluttering in preparation for fingers crossed the big move next year. Everything the kids pick up they say 'can't sell that!!' Am beginning to think will need my own ship to take everything! Wish we could pin it down to few things.
Chris
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are:

Cas
Wilbur Smith- Eagle in the sky, read 7 times still makes me cry.

Music- the whole coldplay album is fantastic. POLITIK. superb.

REM- everybody hurts, because i know it means so much to my wife.

PS. If you like coldplay, Snow Patrol may also appeal.

ps ps. last post far too drunk to make any more sense...

MR MADSAD.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are:

Cas
I'm taking about 1300 books with me to Aus. Er.....might need a big rucksack!

But seriously, I'll have to stick them in storage until I save a few grand and can come back and retrieve them.

When I come out with you in the New Year, I'll be bringing Slater's 'Australian Birds', Hoser's 'Australian Reptiles and Frogs', and whatever novel I happen to be reading at the time.

'Rush of Blood to the Head'.....good choice......
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are:

Cas
Hi Cas, can you clear some space in your PMs please, I can't send you anything otherwise.

Cheers!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Cas, can you clear some space in your PMs please, I can't send you anything otherwise.

Cheers!
just done - most of them were from you anyway ! - with a healthy few from Trish and Anya and Ang etc
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:50 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!

GET A ROOM!!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by madsad
GET A ROOM!!
Sorry, !
We'll get back to the PMs now......
Cas
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

GET A ROOM!!

Anyone else care to tell us what books you're taking?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:53 pm

Anyone else care to tell us what books you're taking?

Mate i was only joking!! i am a huge reader!! Dan Browns last 4 novels devoured in the last month, the Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Deception Point, etc, i was only jokin mate, whats happened to you & cas is fuc*in magic.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:04 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Can't make a list of what I've brought because it would take too long for me to write & for you folks to read I brought 87 boxes of books over here in our container! (and almost as many boxes of shoes!)

However, FWIW, most of Hardy's novels are in there (and his short stories, which are brilliant, highly recommended if you like his novels) along with Slaters' Aus Bird Guide, 'Birds of the Caribbean' by James Bond (yes really - that's where Ian Fleming got the name), Peter Hayman's UK birds, misc guides to Birds of Bali, Hong Kong, USA, Canada, NZ etc.

Also works by loads of Aussie writers incl. Bryce Courtenay, Germaine Greer, Peter Carey, Barry Humphries, Anna Funder....

No wonder the ship took so long to get here.... :scared:

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Mate i was only joking!! i am a huge reader!! Dan Browns last 4 novels devoured in the last month, the Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Deception Point, etc, i was only jokin mate, whats happened to you & cas is fuc*in magic.
Apology accepted !

Good job you cannot see our PMs

What about music, I keep looking at my rather big CD collection and wonder what to leave with other people - I'm not shipping anything over.
What would you take?

Loads of my books are finding a new home in my local library.
Cas
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:06 am
Account Closed

No probs. I've had a few, so perhaps my judgement is slightly off.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:23 am

No probs. I've had a few, so perhaps my judgement is slightly off.
Certainly did not mean to offend anyone. if i did apoligies.

Mr Madsad.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are:

Cas
Best book on planet - Lonely Planet's guide to Queensland! Its been like a bible while we've been here and is so honest! SAS survival handbook also pretty good, and yes I'm a girly but its important to be prepared!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.