Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is this BOND???

What is this BOND???

Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:27 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Question What is this BOND???

Hi Guys.....

Confused much......!
I keep reading threads where various people who have got their visa through and they are overjoyed that they haven't been asked to place a bond......

Is this applicable to every applicant & every visa type?

We are applying as Designated Area Sponsored...... and I am aware that my sponsor has to place a bond... is this what they are refering to?

Feedback appreciated.......

Thanks

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Sep 30th 2004 at 2:37 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:42 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is this BOND???

If you do not have enough points to get into Oz the bond is a way of getting an extra 5points, which for some means the difference between going to Oz and not.

It is an amount of money that you give to the Oz government who then hold it for a year, afterwhich you get it back (As I understand it, they do offer a good interest rate).

I believe the amount is $AU100,000

At least this is my understanding of the bond.

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Guys.....

Confused much......!
I keep reading threads where various people who have got their visa through and they are overjoyed that they haven't been asked to place a bond......

Is this applicable to every applicant & every visa type?

We are applying as Designated Area Sponsored...... and I am aware that my sponsor has to place a bond... is this what they are refering to?

Feedback appreciated.......

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:49 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
If you do not have enough points to get into Oz the bond is a way of getting an extra 5points, which for some means the difference between going to Oz and not.

It is an amount of money that you give to the Oz government who then hold it for a year, afterwhich you get it back (As I understand it, they do offer a good interest rate).

I believe the amount is $AU100,000

At least this is my understanding of the bond.
thanx for that snippet of info!
If that is the case it will not affect our application as even though it is prefferred that you meet the points test minimum, the route we are going down is not points tested!

Cheers m'dears!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Question Re: What is this BOND???

I noticed a very recent thread that talks about this "bond"........ following the receipt of a positive visa application...... surely if the bond only relates to the extra points you can gain in the application, it would not be requested at the point where your visa is granted..?

the thread I am talking about is: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257092
Old Sep 30th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I noticed a very recent thread that talks about this "bond"........ following the receipt of a positive visa application...... surely if the bond only relates to the extra points you can gain in the application, it would not be requested at the point where your visa is granted..?

the thread I am talking about is: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257092
Jonah,
Several people applying for visa's assumed they needed the $100K bond to get enough points. Even some agents did not give the right information to their clients. From what i gather on this forum, Nurses generally do not need the Bond, as their skills are highly sort after in Australia, and they get the maximum points. Most of the general skilled applications need to get the additional 5 points, which means $100k. Your aplication with sponsor is different, as you rightly said, its not points tested. Your sponsor needs to give a differnt type of bond, which is not $100K.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 4:07 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi chr1sarter

Thanks for correcting me. I must admit the only bond I know about is the one mentioned in my post.

Cheers, Gary

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Jonah,
Several people applying for visa's assumed they needed the $100K bond to get enough points. Even some agents did not give the right information to their clients. From what i gather on this forum, Nurses generally do not need the Bond, as their skills are highly sort after in Australia, and they get the maximum points. Most of the general skilled applications need to get the additional 5 points, which means $100k. Your aplication with sponsor is different, as you rightly said, its not points tested. Your sponsor needs to give a differnt type of bond, which is not $100K.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 12:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Jonah,
The assurance of support bond and the capital investment bond are two *completely* different things - details are explained in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

Skilled Designated Area Sponsored applicants will have the assurance of support bond, but not the capital investment bond.

Jeremy