Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is a blue card

what is a blue card

Old Dec 16th 2007, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

mr edwards will become famous soon enoughmr edwards will become famous soon enough
Default what is a blue card

i was looking at a few driving jobs and some ask for a blue card? what is it and how do i get one
Old Dec 16th 2007, 9:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is a blue card

Originally Posted by mr edwards
i was looking at a few driving jobs and some ask for a blue card? what is it and how do i get one
Which State and what /who would you be driving? In Qld there are two blue Cards - one is for working with children, (bit like the CRB check back home) so if you are driving kids around it'll be that one. The other one is a Health and Safety one.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 16th 2007 at 11:20 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:10 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bluedogtraining.com.au/
Old Dec 16th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

I've just done my constuction safety "Blue Card" in Qld, Applied & did the course "online" took me about 2 hours....pretty well all multiple choice, mostly you could "guess" it if you had some basic UK site safety knowledge, a few things such as basic knowledge of what legislation does what, and who is responsible for what, were Aus specific, but basically all very easy and all in the course...cost me $60 via the local TAFE
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:06 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a Truckie (for my sins) here in Brisbane. If the driving work you do requires you to deliver/ pick up from construction sites, then you will need a blue card. This is basically a construction site safety induction - it's a piece of the proverbial. Google it - you can do it online for about $80!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

fayeziebabes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by windog
I've just done my constuction safety "Blue Card" in Qld, Applied & did the course "online" took me about 2 hours....pretty well all multiple choice, mostly you could "guess" it if you had some basic UK site safety knowledge, a few things such as basic knowledge of what legislation does what, and who is responsible for what, were Aus specific, but basically all very easy and all in the course...cost me $60 via the local TAFE
Hi there,
we are moving to Qld end of Jan and my hubby is worried about the blue card as he hates tests of any kind! He's a joiner and I wondered if you had to swat up on the test first or can you have notes in front of you? What is the passmark?? Any help/advice much appreciated.
Did you do this online at home????
Thanks
Faye
Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

Basically everyone who has any contact needs a construction blue card, including the cleaning staff. It's easy as honest they talk you through everything as your going along and you get to consult your notes and the handouts that they give you. Must be easy even I've got one(no I'm not a cleaner)
Deb
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

In QLD, there is also a childcare/child contact blue card system:

http://www.childcomm.qld.gov.au/empl...eral_info.html
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:47 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
(no I'm not a cleaner)Deb
So why do you always have dirty knees Deb?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

cresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond reputecresta's conscience has a reputation beyond repute

That's my secret and I ain't telling. Hopefully by the time we get to Land cruiser park though they'll be clean and nobody will know what your talking about