Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are the best 3 reasons to move to Oz ?

What are the best 3 reasons to move to Oz ?

Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:44 pm
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of
Default What are the best 3 reasons to move to Oz ?

For those of us sitting here waiting for the visa process to run its course, wondering if the wait, cost and uncertainty is worth the while......................

What are the best 3 reasons for moving to Oz ??

Any more than 3 would be a bonus !!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 6:58 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the best 3 reasons to move to Oz ?

These are just my opinions (and alot of them come from growing up in Australia)

1. The feel of sun on my face
2. The sound of birds first thing in the morning
3. Brownes Coffee Chill - Ice cold!
4. Ice cold VB whilst sitting on the patio as the sun goes down
5. Walking along the beach and hearing the sea roar
6. The sound of torrential rain, beating against my window (not like English rain at all but heavy, thunderous rain!
7. The smell of frangipani through my window
8. Steaks cooked on the BBQ, large Salad & Potatoes with parsley
9. Being around family & friends (not the family in the UK, who I never see)
10. Seeing my niece (and soon to be born Nephew) on a regular basis
11. Longer days
12. Swimming pools!
13. Fantastic shopping centres (makes up for crap telly)
14. Burger Rings & Cheezels (makes up for crap chocolate)
15. Friendly people! (even if the accent grates a little) (mine isn't so strong)
16. Wide roads! No pulling over to let a car coming the other way pass!
17. Large houses - more affordable!
18. Being able to go back to England for holidays - and then come 'home' to Australia!!
19. Hot Christmas mornings enjoying a fry up on the BBQ & Bucks Fizz
20. Singing National Anthem and getting a tear in your eye!!

Ok...as I said, they are mine!!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:09 pm
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of

Whyever did you leave ??
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:13 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What are the best 3 reasons to move to Oz ?

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

6. The sound of torrential rain, beating against my window (not like English rain at all but heavy, thunderous rain!
11. Longer days
12. Swimming pools!
15. Friendly people! (even if the accent grates a little) (mine isn't so strong)
18. Being able to go back to England for holidays - and then come 'home' to Australia!!

Which part of Oz did you grow up in ElshaUK?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ElshaUK

11. Longer days
12. Swimming pools!

Top reply just how i want to feel in a few months time when we arrive.
Good on ya tracey xx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Because you only get one go at this life and it would be such a shame to have let it slip by without ever having tried something just for the hell of it

Lisa.x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:53 pm
Loving Brisbane !!

Well said. That's what we're thinking. Better to have tried it than forever wonder ...................
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Location, location, location !

Seriously...

1) Lifestyle and opportunities for the family. So much more to see and do.
2) Weather - and despite being in Melbourne it's just so much better and relaxing
3) Distinct lack of chavs, or the equivalents.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:59 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southgate
Whyever did you leave ??
Because, all those years, I somehow thought that the grass was greener on the other side, & because I also felt proud to be British

I travelled back to England in 1996 and had an amazing time!! I then met a guy online in 97 and after we met in 98 in England, he travelled to Perth (where I lived) and spent 10 months working. We then travelled back to England together in 99, and here I am 2006 and still here!!

Maybe if I'd not run my credit cards up through the roof & got myself into a pickle, I'd be back there already but to be honest, he wasn't so keen on the whole idea at first....now he has grown more accustomed to moving with me & is actually quite looking forward to it, in a nervous sort of way

I am glad I spent these years in England, I will miss lots of things about the place but it is hard when your close family are not near & the birth of my niece in 2004 (met her once) and my nephew (due April) means that I miss even more. I don't want to be the distant Aunty (like my Aunties were to me, growing up in Australia).

The things I'll miss about England (apart from friends) are...

Chocolate - tastes better here!!
Good pubs!
TV!
Culture
Scenery

But the list for Australia is much longer

Anyway guess that answers a few questions!!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:03 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

1 - My son (born in Oz and lives there)
2 - Same as above
3 - I love Oz in general

Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southgate
For those of us sitting here waiting for the visa process to run its course, wondering if the wait, cost and uncertainty is worth the while......................

What are the best 3 reasons for moving to Oz ??

Any more than 3 would be a bonus !!
So that I can achieve what it seems like I've always wanted to achieve. Been waiting 20 years + for it to happen and will get there in the end one way or another.
this said my 3 reasons are -
1. To once again wake up to the sound of kookaburras.
2. To be able look up at a seemingly sky for the rest of my days.
3. To be able to feel that I'm where I want to be every day for the rest of my life.

Oh and final point to be able to get rid of the what I'm doing right now with my life isn't permanent feeling. I hate not being able to make long term plans, such as buying a new car/home/home improvements etc as I'll not benefit from them everything is well this will do for now grrr. But every day brings me a day closer
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ElshaUK]

The things I'll miss about England (apart from friends) are...

Chocolate - tastes better here!!
Good pubs!
TV!
Culture
QUOTE]

dont wish to sound rude or owt...but are u sure ? especially bout the culture..
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Space
Warmth - climate and people
Opportunity

Bezza
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My three:
1. I'm a dual national (Australian dad) and have lots of family there.
2. I love the ocean, but I can't afford to live near it in the UK - and besides - Fistral or Seven Mile Beach isn't much of a competition.
3. It feels like going home.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:29 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

trying something new and exploring the world... no sense being bottled up in a box in teh UK... so much more to explore and accomplish in Aussie... I want a more outdoors lifestyle and whats better than crap TV, good weather, and hot ladies to get a 17 year old out of the house... also want the family to do things together and become more of a "family" again before I go to uni... thats about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.