Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the average income in QLDS

What is the average income in QLDS

Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

TD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really nice
Default What is the average income in QLDS

To the people already on the Sunshine Coast, what is the average income, and is there plenty of work opportunities. Is £25-30000 GPB enough to get by on, any advice would be helpful we are a family of 3, rent sorted for the first 12 months.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:41 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is the average income in QLDS

http://www.hays.com.au/salary/default.aspx
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:47 am
Just Joined

TD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really niceTD63 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well, pounds wont be much use to you here, we work in dollars. Around $60k is the average wage though nationally.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what you want to do!
How old is your child? Will you have school fees?
With no rent to pay for 12 months, you should be able to live ok on that salary but it does depend on a lot of variables which you have not told us.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:50 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I could live on that with my larger family if I didnt need a jetski and new car. Rent sorted is a big difference
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
I could live on that with my larger family if I didnt need a jetski and new car. Rent sorted is a big difference
Need a jetski or want a jetski?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:54 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Need a jetski or want a jetski?
NEED. I went to bed the other night and woke up with a vision at the end of my bed dressed in nought but a robe. I smiled and the vision said - your luck will not change until you invest in a jetski. Until then you will never find happiness.

I mean, whats a girl supposed to do?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by viviennef
NEED. I went to bed the other night and woke up with a vision at the end of my bed dressed in nought but a robe. I smiled and the vision said - your luck will not change until you invest in a jetski. Until then you will never find happiness.

I mean, whats a girl supposed to do?
Viv, best excuse I have ever heard
You sure it wasn't Ems, dressing up?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:43 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Viv, best excuse I have ever heard
You sure it wasn't Ems, dressing up?
I like the sound of Ems dressing up...... I need a "growl" smiley.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Depends on what you want to do!
How old is your child? Will you have school fees?
With no rent to pay for 12 months, you should be able to live ok on that salary but it does depend on a lot of variables which you have not told us.
Sorry,
My child will be 14 when we arrive, yes we will need school fees, the $55-$60000 was to see me over the first 12 months whilst i am looking for work.Should have the school fees and rent covered, so basically just day to day living expenses. Whatever i get for my car in the UK i will be using that cash to purchase a car in OZ.
If i get sorted in work then all will be fine, just put the house on the market but nothing moving, so will proberbly let the house out if it doesnt sell, once sold all should be ok.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

You'll be fine. Thats more than doable. We lasted a year with approx $300 and a job washing dogs on Saturdays.

In fact, since you are settling in if you took it easy, there is no reason to think you couldnt spend half that.

My friend is a single mum with 2 girls in private school and she earns $30,000. Benefits push that up to about 40k but she survives well and always dresses nicely etc. We have our own business, children and a mortgage and I dont think our joint income would be that at the moment.

You can join the rest of the yoookayers moaning about how expensive it is here.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by odyssey
You'll be fine. Thats more than doable. We lasted a year with approx $300 and a job washing dogs on Saturdays.

In fact, since you are settling in if you took it easy, there is no reason to think you couldnt spend half that.

My friend is a single mum with 2 girls in private school and she earns $30,000. Benefits push that up to about 40k but she survives well and always dresses nicely etc. We have our own business, children and a mortgage and I dont think our joint income would be that at the moment.

You can join the rest of the yoookayers moaning about how expensive it is here.

I dont believe in moaning, but just want to make sure it all stacks up before i leave the UK, got the assets to be ok once the house sells but looks like this could take a while, so if need be i will let out the property and hopefully try and get an income off the rent, or at the very least to cover my rent in OZ.
i have my own buisness in the UK for the last 20 years, so i suppose this will be hard working for someone else, but hopefully i wont have the hassle i have had for the last 20 years
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Do you have a job already on the coast? You may find yourself once again your own boss rather soon!

Your figures look good though, make sense
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by odyssey
Do you have a job already on the coast? You may find yourself once again your own boss rather soon!

Your figures look good though, make sense
I take it that with your last quote that their is high unemployment on the coast, and that nobody is in employment ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.