Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what is Autralia Like

what is Autralia Like

Old Nov 27th 2002, 5:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by madmancunian
Well my night-foreman job at the city cemetary is a bit boring you know!

Thank goodness they have given internet access to keep myself awake.

Maybe you should a write a book - 'My travels around the world and all the things I've found to moan about'.

I've started a book - it's got 3 chapters so far:

1) Hot and heavy
2) Spicy and saucy
3) Wet and Wild

Wot that's you're thinking? No, no it's a cookbook of course.
No way are you in the UK , but your wit is improving.Who with half a brain would admit to being a mancunian

Last edited by pommie bastard; Nov 27th 2002 at 5:55 am.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Why thank you Sir.

Yep you guessed it - one half of my brain is mancunian, the second half is mad, and the last half is plain crazy!

Ever seen "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? If I stay in this forum long enough all three halves of my brain will turn into a pavlova.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 12:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you Sir.

Yep you guessed it - one half of my brain is mancunian, the second half is mad, and the last half is plain crazy!

Ever seen "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"? If I stay in this forum long enough all three halves of my brain will turn into a pavlova.
Give us a clue are you a Pom or not , and you are not in UK so where are you?
Old Nov 30th 2002, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suebo
madmancunian
Where did you get your "facts" from, retrieve them from the sewer did you???

I have nothing against Brits, but have no desire to be one.
What you have stated is utter cr@p.

pb was right (at least to some extent) Arrrghhh!
Old Dec 1st 2002, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I stay in this forum long enough all three halves of my brain will turn into a pavlova.
Looks like they have already. Is it the forum or have you been sniffing too much ozone? Get fixed and come back - I need your (un)subtle banter for my daily fix!!

DPR
Old Dec 1st 2002, 5:02 am
2thick

Originally posted by dpr21
Looks like they have already. Is it the forum or have you been sniffing too much ozone? Get fixed and come back - I need your (un)subtle banter for my daily fix!!

DPR
Fo*kin hell r u madmancoonins mate

Old Dec 1st 2002, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mxqth
pb was right (at least to some extent) Arrrghhh!

Right about what He's not allowed to be right about anything
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 12:36 am
Banned

Right about what He's not allowed to be right about anything
Well pointed out Sue , I demand not to be right even when I am its so easy to upset a few on here is it me or is it them?

Old Dec 2nd 2002, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Well pointed out Sue , I demand not to be right even when I am its so easy to upset a few on here is it me or is it them?

It must be them PB, coz It can't be you..lol
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 10:58 pm
Banned

It must be them PB, coz It can't be you..lol

I wish I still was a dreamer it would be great to believe as these good people do , never mind been there done that best thing to do is what you are doing Sue, earn a crust outside of Australia and return when your pockets are full.
Old Dec 2nd 2002, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Actually PB, we were a lot better off living in OZ than living in USA. We had 3 houses and had to sell one to come here, the cost of living here is more expensive, grocery shopping is more - although eletronics are cheaper (shame we have to sell them all when we leave). We just sold another house because we could never save any money here to transfer back. Bummer only one house to go..... Let's hope we can hold on to that one Only 103 days to go before we get there, can't wait. How long until you leave??
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 12:06 am
Banned

Actually PB, we were a lot better off living in OZ than living in USA. We had 3 houses and had to sell one to come here, the cost of living here is more expensive, grocery shopping is more - although eletronics are cheaper (shame we have to sell them all when we leave). We just sold another house because we could never save any money here to transfer back. Bummer only one house to go..... Let's hope we can hold on to that one Only 103 days to go before we get there, can't wait. How long until you leave??
Well at lest your Dollar is worth hell of a lot more more than the rubber Aussie Dollar when you bring them back , as for houses I do not seem to be able to pay one off one never mind buy anymore also as for savings my bank the Old Bailey takes everything I earn.
Spring time in UK is what we hoping for , thanks to all the Poms coming to Perth we looking at a good return on the house that we selling prices are rising fast.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 3rd 2002 at 12:29 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

The US$ may be worth more, but it doesn't work that way when you are living in US. Houses are no cheaper, they are actually a lot ore expensive and we live in one of the cheaper states. Cars are reasonably priced (about the same as in OZ, but in US$) so no savings there. If I converted it all into Aussie $...well (AU$40,000 for a 1998 Ford Explorer), I don't even want to think about that. If I packed up now and converted the US$ to AU$ then I would still be worse off than when we started Gonna have to wait a couple of years or move back to Asia, I would rather go back to Asia than wait not gonna happen.
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cresta57
Do I take it then that the sense of humor differs ever so slightly as well??
Aussies have a warped SOH, but on the other hand my hubby (from Belfast) is totally more warped than me. He says, at times, I don't have any SOH at all.. Gee could that be because I don't laugh at Monty Python
Old Dec 3rd 2002, 12:47 am
Banned

The US$ may be worth more, but it doesn't work that way when you are living in US. Houses are no cheaper, they are actually a lot ore expensive and we live in one of the cheaper states. Cars are reasonably priced (about the same as in OZ, but in US$) so no savings there. If I converted it all into Aussie $...well (AU$40,000 for a 1998 Ford Explorer), I don't even want to think about that. If I packed up now and converted the US$ to AU$ then I would still be worse off than when we started Gonna have to wait a couple of years or move back to Asia, I would rather go back to Asia than wait not gonna happen.
Looking at wage rates in America I would be paid at lest $25 US per hour which is nearly twice the wages I get here , fuel is cheaper in USA so is most food as is eating out , even beer is less and most taxes.Homes look about the same so if you are worse off is it because of the area you are in? or the jobs you do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.