Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Aussies dont understand

What Aussies dont understand

Old Jul 1st 2005, 8:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Aussies dont understand

Originally Posted by mr mover
South Australia was the only colony not to have convicts.......... mm
So women don't have the vote there then
Old Jul 1st 2005, 9:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
So women don't have the vote there then
NO my Friend they got to vote very early in the piece, so SA became very ultra -consavative, 6o-clock closing etc, not much has changed ..... mm
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Woot! A troll thread, about time too. Looking back over static's previous posts, it's amazing how he/she/it manages to keep that level of vitriol going. I mean, imagine being that negative all the time. Some king of Hamas-style religious fervour going on.
Do a search for posts by dazuk & kong if you want more of a laugh, one & the same person. It's not hard to see how he got the nickname Razor .

Originally Posted by Hutch
Having watched the show, I have to say I find it highly amusing that static decided to use it as an anti-oz vehicle, since it said in no un-certain terms that we should quit being such a nation of dullard losers and try actually competing and winning at something like, ermm, every other nation on earth. Stick to the Tweenies next time Static, see what kind of political and socio-economic allegories you can draw from that one.
I think the Tweenies are a bit above him. Anyway, he wouldnt be able to fit the word parochial in & he certainly likes using it ad nauseum- perhaps its the only word he knows thats over 4 letters long.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:33 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eatstatic
The British love of the loser and not believing winning is the be all of life.

Channel 4.

Make the most of it before the parochial nature of OZ kils it.
Times are changing. We are fed up with Henman losing yet again. And I loved seeing Simon Jones throwing that ball at Mathew Hayden. The Aussies have done their sledging and intimidation stuff long enough. Let's give them some of their own medicine. (Maybe years of Ferguson / Mourinho have hardened us poms to gamesmanship). Time for Bodyline II I think. If you can't beat them, aim for the head I say.

The Aussies can play like girlies too. Remember Kim Hughes blubbing when his team lost? That still makes me smile.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:55 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

What Aussies dont understand..

Losing with dignity

The whole world isnt against you... its not personal when then stock markets go against you.

Oh.. Cricket.. its not a world sport.. when Aus wins thats nice.. but no one notices because no one else plays..

Layton Hewitt

Kylie

Today Tonight... (its not Journalism..its crap scare stories.. that Current Affair is showing on the other side.. noramally with the same "journalist")

Poor Fat Mark Viduka..

oh forgot. Harry Kewell..enough said....

Schedules... if your going to print a TV guide .. its normally good practice to at least follow it occasionally..

What new "Aussies dont understand"

It aint hot all the time

You are one of those immigrants you have been complaining about in the UK

they dont sell the Daily Mail over here.

Crime.. guess what.. yep its happens here as well

Oh.. and one final thing.. your now the evil immigrant you keep complaining about.

You will work longer hours for less money

if your from London.. you will never have to do the Tube again !!!!

You cant get the Sun or the Daily Mail over here.. however the papers over here are even worse.. but at least you dont get Big Brother dressed up as news...

Oh.. Big Brother over here..we have a naked version.. Go Glenn !!!!

People..care.....(if your from London look away now..) and ask you how you are without wanting to rob you....

People have a positive outlook...
Old Jul 1st 2005, 4:22 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shellfish
wasn't that New Zealand? You're not one of those "Russell Crowe is Australian" people are you?
Speaking as an expat Kiwi, I don't think Kiwi's mind that Russ is considered Aussie these days
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
Angelina Jolie - urgh! can't see the appeal myself. Nicole Kidman is the world's best looking woman in my eyes.

I used to like Davina McCall in the UK - is she still on the telly all the time?
but it's for the sexiest, not the best looking. Afraid, as attractive as 'our Nic' is, she's not that sexy hence her rating as 100 (or there about).

Last edited by Shellfish; Jul 4th 2005 at 1:25 am.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fnord
Speaking as an expat Kiwi, I don't think Kiwi's mind that Russ is considered Aussie these days
I can't blame you but you must learn to take him for the good (thats' really going to test the ol' memory ) and the bad

Last edited by Shellfish; Jul 4th 2005 at 1:27 am.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 11:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Living in a narrow minded, parochial country where sport is king and other achievemants such as science, art and culture are treated with indifference and suspicion suits you then?

What has Australia given the world other than sports stars on an international level??
Seems like your getting the same experience out here as I am.