Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What airline lets you book seats?

Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Question What airline lets you book seats?

Ok, starting to look at flights back to Europe next year. Just wondering what other airlines let you pick your seat when you book it online through the airlines own website, I know Singapore and Etihad do it, but what other airlines let you do it?

So just wondering what other airlines let you do it?

Cheers.

Mikey
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Re: What airline lets you book seats?

We have booked our seats - we are flying with Malaysia in Nov.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc

Ok, starting to look at flights back to Europe next year. Just wondering what other airlines let you pick your seat when you book it online through the airlines own website, I know Singapore and Etihad do it, but what other airlines let you do it?

So just wondering what other airlines let you do it?

Cheers.

Mikey
Emirates do apparently, although I've been trying to update my booking with seat requests for 2 days now and I always get an error.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

AberJazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Have you checked out the brilliant www.seatguru.com website?

It lists all the best and worst seats on every commercial airline, and can make going economy so much more comfortable

AberJazz

Ps. There is another website which lists air quality as well, need to search on google for that one
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We flew over with BA, Cathay pacific and then virgin blue and booked our seats on each leg with each airline. It seems this is the way the airlines are going, so I would imagin you would be fine with most airlines.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

We are flying emirates and this will be our third trip. We have booked our seats everytimeand also booked in online 24 hours beforehand so you just go to the baggage drop whilst everyone in the long que gives you evils.

We have a multi trip ticket and choose our seats all the way there.....fab!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

You can book seats with BA (if you are a family they will let you book months in advance if you are in World Traveller Plus, but not sure about other classes). However, under no circumstances should anyone fly with British Airways - particularly if you are a family. They will treat you like dirt (unless you are 1st class) and everything will be too much trouble. Flew on 4 legs and was the same with all of them, so not just a 'one off' crew.

Fly with them at your peril!!

Have a good flight
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Emirates do apparently, although I've been trying to update my booking with seat requests for 2 days now and I always get an error.
I think you can only do it up to 24 hours before departure on line. At least that was the case 12 months ago, it may have changed!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:17 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
I think you can only do it up to 24 hours before departure on line. At least that was the case 12 months ago, it may have changed!
If you've booked direct with Emirates I think you should be able to do it anytime. I can log on to manage my booking and there is an option there to select seats. If I try it I get an error (temporarily unavailable it says), sometimes it brings up the seatmap for the A380 which isn't even flying my route!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Emmirates worked for us booked them straight aways

A X
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

If you've booked direct with Emirates I think you should be able to do it anytime. I can log on to manage my booking and there is an option there to select seats. If I try it I get an error (temporarily unavailable it says), sometimes it brings up the seatmap for the A380 which isn't even flying my route!
oh ok, I was thinking of actually checking in on line, which you can only do between 2 and 24 hrs before departure.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

Used emirates with multi stop many times, you can book your seats online (even upto a year in advance). You may want to note that if you book with an agent instead of direct with emirates, you will need to register for skyward membership to be able to access the seat booking area.
You can also pick from a variety of meals and this means you always get your meal before the others.

You may want to look at link below to help you choose the best seat, whoever you choose to fly with. www.seatguru.com
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:23 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

You can only do this 24 hours before the flight with Emirates. If you are a frequent flyer your favourite seat is in your profile and if available reserved when you make your booking.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:28 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

You can only do this 24 hours before the flight with Emirates - sorry this is for online check-in where you can select your seat.

If you are a frequent flyer (Skywards) your favourite seat is in your profile and if available reserved when you make your booking.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:18 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AberJazz
Have you checked out the brilliant www.seatguru.com website?

It lists all the best and worst seats on every commercial airline, and can make going economy so much more comfortable
SeatGuru is good, but not always accurate and it's view of what are good seats or not may not always fit your view. e.g. Door Exit row seat with the slide extending from the door is in my opinion one of the better seats on the 747. While there is a little leg room, once the lights go out all you do lay the seat back throw a blanket over your legs, flop them out on top of the slide and you have a bed ! Awesome

Singapore, Malaysian and Emirates all allow seat selection on booking. OneWorld (WankWorld as we call it) like BA and QANTAS don't any more. in fact with those two they also make you feel well and truly like they are doing you a favour letting you on the plane.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.